• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr. Richardson did flex muscles regarding Hardy

dswofford

Look, I don't personally dislike Mr Richardson. I am sure that he is a nice guy. However, it is this nice guy approach that got us into cap hell. I don't believe that it was the doing of hurney all alone. I believe that he needs to step back and let the football guys do their jobs. We have had like about 5 or 6 winning seasons. If you don't think that he is at least partially responsible for that, then you are sorely mistaken. The entire Hardy thing has been handled wrong since the moment he started crying on TV. That came across so manufactured to me. Why wasn't he crying when it first happened before the outrage from the media started up? Anyways, I reiterate, he needs to let DG manage football ops and just enjoy the ride. It will give him the best opportunity to hoist the Lombardi trophy before he passes. The only thing that he needs to be involved in is the hiring and firing of the GM.

Steve Smith was cut last year.

You think Jerry Richardson initiated that?

As to Hardy, if you've watched the things they've said and read Bill Voth, it's been said many a time that we weren't keeping Hardy anyway. Rivera might have wanted to keep him, but there's no indication Gettleman did.

Anyone taking this story to mean that Richardson is suddenly 'hands on' again is probably somebody who just wants to believe that anyway.

Steve Smith was cut last year.

You think Jerry Richardson initiated that?

As to Hardy, if you've watched the things they've said and read Bill Voth, it's been said many a time that we weren't keeping Hardy anyway. Rivera might have wanted to keep him, but there's no indication Gettleman did.

Anyone taking this story to mean that Richardson is suddenly 'hands on' again is probably somebody who just wants to believe that anyway.

lol so he straight out said that he is the one who made the decision. that isn't hands on? people who say the opposite are just the people who want to believe that anyway. 

lol so he straight out said that he is the one who made the decision. that isn't hands on? people who say the opposite are just the people who want to believe that anyway. 

lmao if you think all 32 owners don't have SOME say about what goes on on their team

there's no such thing as a completely hands off owner.

lmao if you think all 32 owners don't have SOME say about what goes on on their team

there's no such thing as a completely hands off owner.

no i think this is a case where Hardy was genuinely liked in the locker room. i think this was a case where the coaching staff legitimately wanted him back. i think this was a case where the team and player could have worked something out if the team chose to. i think this is a case where Richardson disregarded multiple people in the organization and did what was best for his buddy Roger. 

everyone here is so quick to praise Voth and call him this great source, which I completely agree with as well. I think Voth is both great and reliable. he came out with a story straight up saying that the Richardson would consider brining him back if he apologized and gave back money. that is ridiculously petty of him. you claim you did this because the Panthers do the right (except when Steve Smtih beats up teammates and let Greg Hardy play week 1 and until his buddy Roger steps in), but at the same time was considering letting him come back if he groveled and gave you money back. that is ridiculous. 

got me again there Scott. your comments directed at me are always so clever.

I don't have to 'get you'. You do that to yourself.

You spent a lot of time building yourself up as an insider. When that was exposed as phony, you took off, but came back later with a new shtick. So now it's "I hate Jerry Richardson" all the time, which frankly is pretty boring.

Of course, it also means you're pretty heavily invested in the Panthers being lousy as long as Richardson is in charge, so I'm guessing if the team is actually good this year, you'll probably disappear again because that would make you look pretty stupid.

That, plus the guy who owns the board and actually does have access to real inside sources instead of made up ones, has already said your ideas about what it's like inside the Panthers are off base, so...

I don't have to 'get you'. You do that to yourself.

You spent a lot of time building yourself up as an insider. When that was exposed as phony, you took off, but came back later with a new shtick. So now it's "I hate Jerry Richardson" all the time, which frankly is pretty boring.

Of course, it also means you're pretty heavily invested in the Panthers being lousy as long as Richardson is in charge, so I'm guessing if the team is actually good this year, you'll probably disappear again because that would make you look pretty stupid.

That, plus the guy who owns the board and actually does have access to real inside sources instead of made up ones, has already said your ideas about what it's like inside the Panthers are off base, so...

well that is where you are incorrect. since i have joined this board i have been anti jerry richardson. so you are off base there. i apologize if that is boring to you but quite frankly i don't come on these boards to entertain you. me being anti jerry richardson has nothing to do with me being heavily invested in the team being lousy. it is very plausible for a team with an awful owner, which the Panthers do in fact have, to pull off a successful season. the success the panthers have had as of late can be credited to David Gettleman. the hiring of David Gettleman can be credited to Ernie Accorsi. the picking of Ernie Accorsi to help get this franchise back on track can be credited to the ineptitude of Jerry Richardson over the past 20 years. i have said multiple times if the Panthers were to win a Super Bowl it would be in spite of Jerry Richardson. 

it is also fine if you want to keep bringing up the source thing because it truly doesn't bother me. i will be back on the boards tomorrow just like you will. i know what i know. you know what i know. and in the grand scheme of life it doesn't matter. you want to tell me what my ideas about what it is like inside the Panthers is off base that is fine. that is not going to make me wake up tomorrow and change what I know and what my opinion is. 

well that is where you are incorrect. since i have joined this board i have been anti jerry richardson. so you are off base there. i apologize if that is boring to you but quite frankly i don't come on these boards to entertain you. me being anti jerry richardson has nothing to do with me being heavily invested in the team being lousy. it is very plausible for a team with an awful owner, which the Panthers do in fact have, to pull off a successful season. the success the panthers have had as of late can be credited to David Gettleman. the hiring of David Gettleman can be credited to Ernie Accorsi. the picking of Ernie Accorsi to help get this franchise back on track can be credited to the ineptitude of Jerry Richardson over the past 20 years. i have said multiple times if the Panthers were to win a Super Bowl it would be in spite of Jerry Richardson.

it is also fine if you want to keep bringing up the source thing because it truly doesn't bother me. i will be back on the boards tomorrow just like you will. i know what i know. you know what i know. and in the grand scheme of life it doesn't matter. you want to tell me what my ideas about what it is like inside the Panthers is off base that is fine. that is not going to make me wake up tomorrow and change what I know and what my opinion is.

What your opinion is, is not fact. Stop acting like it is and maybe that'll help.

And the phony source thing, again, you did to yourself. Frankly, I'm not really sure how you thought you'd get away with that.

Archived