• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cuts begin...ryne robinson among the first out the door.

rayzor

are you talking about sherrod martin?

Yes, he's not taken well to the switch at CB and now he's being moved 'back' to safety. He's not going to be cut being a second round pick, so the next obvious move is to shelve (red shirt) him for a year with a hang nail. The team has done this several times in the past with rookies not cacthing on or making the initial impact the team had hoped for.

martin was being moved back to safety because we are thinner there than at CB and he got passed up by CJ wilson and the capt.

My point being he's being moved around and hasn't found his home just yet on the cusp of cuts. It's not out of the question the team will IR him.

My point being he's being moved around and hasn't found his home just yet on the cusp of cuts. It's not out of the question the team will IR him.

According to the Reed, Martin just got a bruised knee covering a punt and isn't expected to miss much time.

As for the switch to safety, I'm pretty sure that had more to do with having a shortage at the position after Godfrey got hurt, than anything else.

They've IR-ed players for less than a bruised knee...just saying. He hasn't looked that great and the team could use the roster spot, especially at corner. He could be the odd man out and you know he's not going to get cut. It would be a tactical move if it happened.

Archived