• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here's my only prediction about the Panthers

Fiz

They're going to start slow. Most likely 0-3. The only real question is whether or not they'll be able to turn it on after the week 4 bye.

On offense, last year they didn't really get started scoring until New Orleans in week 7. With the injuries to Smith and Stewart, I'm really skeptical they'll come out of the gate quickly, especially against stout defenses like Dallas and Philadelphia. I think they could be poised for a decent display in week 2 against a pitiful Falcons defense, but that won't be very substantive.

On defense, on top of losing Kemo and adjusting to a new system, they're been practicing without 2 of their 4 best players, and Beason might not even start the season. Last year the defense fell apart in the second half; this year I think it will be the opposite. Judging from what I've seen, Atlanta and Philadelphia are just going to go crazy on our secondary. Plus, we probably won't have the luxury to play the Falcons in week 2 post Turner's ACL explosion.

I know people like to bitch and moan about an early bye, but really it's the best possible thing for the Panthers. They're going to need the extra week early in the season to adjust and right the ship. Luckily there's only one divisional game in the first three weeks.

I think they might be able to grab week 2 against Atlanta, especially coming off a blow out against the Eagles. This team is better with their backs against the wall though, so it might be a blessing in disguise. All I know is that you can't win a division in September and October, but you can lose one, and the Panthers just need to hang tight around .500 until they hit their stride.

Oh yeah, I was 14-3 last year against the spread betting on the Panthers. Bet the Eagles to cover, buy your significant other something nice.

datadice.gif

btw, I'm Data, Smoots is Riker, and Delhommey is Worf

They're going to start slow. Most likely 0-3. The only real question is whether or not they'll be able to turn it on after the week 4 bye.

On offense, last year they didn't really get started scoring until New Orleans in week 7. With the injuries to Smith and Stewart, I'm really skeptical they'll come out of the gate quickly, especially against stout defenses like Dallas and Philadelphia. I think they could be poised for a decent display in week 2 against a pitiful Falcons defense, but that won't be very substantive.

On defense, on top of losing Kemo and adjusting to a new system, they're been practicing without 2 of their 4 best players, and Beason might not even start the season. Last year the defense fell apart in the second half; this year I think it will be the opposite. Judging from what I've seen, Atlanta and Philadelphia are just going to go crazy on our secondary. Plus, we probably won't have the luxury to play the Falcons in week 2 post Turner's ACL explosion.

I know people like to bitch and moan about an early bye, but really it's the best possible thing for the Panthers. They're going to need the extra week early in the season to adjust and right the ship. Luckily there's only one divisional game in the first three weeks.

I think they might be able to grab week 2 against Atlanta, especially coming off a blow out against the Eagles. This team is better with their backs against the wall though, so it might be a blessing in disguise. All I know is that you can't win a division in September and October, but you can lose one, and the Panthers just need to hang tight around .500 until they hit their stride.

Oh yeah, I was 14-3 last year against the spread betting on the Panthers. Bet the Eagles to cover, buy your significant other something nice.

datadice.gif

Beason and Davis....who are the other 2 defenders?

Gamble and Peppers

Peppers arrived to TC on time and has played in every preseason game......I don't think him missing the other stuff is a good enough excuse for anything. Same problems existed last season....there is no help on the DL for Peppers.....Meeks defense will encounter the same problem that Trgo's did.

Well when I made my NFC thread i said the Eagles would be NFC champs this year, and we just don't match up well against them.

Atlanta, we beat them in the first game last year but we got our ass kicked defensively later on. In that first game Ryan was still in his learning curve but I expect him to be caught up this year, he will probably shred our defense, though our offense could probably trample their own defense.

Dallas, I don't know how well we will play against them. I know we're for the most part allergic to high profile games which I have my own gripes about. That game could go either way as well.

Either way by week three, undefeated seems very unlikely, and people will be asking for Fox to be fired whether or not he deserves to be.

I'll take your bet, I say we start 3-0. people need to stop judging the team for it preseason efforts, it is just practice with a score. We are addressing problems for the regular season, that's why we exploit all of our weaknesses. And we are hiding plays on both sides of the ball b/c most of these teams we will see again. We will eat Phillies torn defense apart, ATL can't handle our offensive power ,and Dallas will lose in their new stadium because they are classic choke artist. I think we are much better than we let on, and we are better in the underdog position anyway. For so many panther fans I thought I would see more with faith and positive support then we see here. Is it that you guys are afraid of saying we will succeed and then being wrong, or is the that my reality is a madden fantasy.

Had the D been more healthy and fine tuned I thought we could sneak a win vs the Eagles. Only because the Eagles typically start out slow.

I could almost see them junking it up vs the Eagles and win a brutally ugly FG fest game.

I mentioned it elsewhere but we HAVE to play ball control for the sake of the D.

They had a lot of big runs last year but they need to eat the clock. A rested D has a better shot at 3 and outs.

The bye I agree comes at a great time this year.

1-2 I could live with. 2-1 would be great.

0-3 would be difficult to over come.

Archived