• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB

gettlemanjack

If we are going to use a 1,000 yards as a benchmark for a quality player, Cam had two 1,000 yard receivers and Tannehill had none.

The bench mark was Lamar Smith was healthy and available all season while Stewart wasn't. .

Which obviously I said early but you chose not to read to make another dumb point..

Albert was playing at an all-pro level before he tore both his MCL and ACL. Remember last night when you couldn't count 2014 when comparing the rushing attacks of the Bengals and Panthers because of injury? And lol at our strategy "proving better" than theirs. As far as I know they actually have two very promising tackles on either side of their line in Albert and James going into this season. Carolina has neither.

And we have very promising young guards on either side of our line who contributed to our line performing better than that of MIA. Obviously, we are doing something better than they are unless the results don't matter to you.

And we have very promising young guards on either side of our line who contributed to our line performing better than that of MIA. Obviously, we are doing something better than they are unless the results don't matter to you.

So the 11 or 12 different Oline combination don't compute in your breakdown. . And just like Stewart both our guards weren't available most of the season. .

I mostly agree, but if I'm DG, I'm still signing him. I'm not waiting on the mechanics/consistency, because most people can see the amount of work, and willingness to get better, that Cam puts in. I'm of the opinion that it will get there very soon. Probably quicker if they can help him with a better o-line as well.

On the one thing in bold, I think you have to take a deeper look at. On the stat sheets, it's 100% true. However, if there was a stat that showed how many hits/sacks Cam avoided compared to Brady, how would that stat look? Probably very skewed. That's just a huge difference in athleticism, but it doesn't put our o-lines on equal ground. You have to consider it I think. Like I said though, I mostly agree.

I agree that I DG needs to sign Cam long term and pay him what he deserves. The guy the year before Cam was drafted made a ton more than Cam did and has done half as much. We really did get him for cheap which is why taking him was a no brainer. He was a tremendous athlete who wanted to learn and get better who was playing in a simple system. You aren't investing 100 million on.a guy who might be a beast or a bust, you are investing 22 and this year 14 more. A great return on your investment for five years of hard work by a quarterback who has had to carry the team on his back at times. There aren't 32 franchise quarterbacks in the league or everyone would have one. Cam is one and is only scratching his potential which make a continued investment in Newton mandatory. I think that anyone who disagrees and doesn't covet our guy must think that elite quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. As a panther fan who has experienced guys like Peete, Weinke, Carr, and Clausen, I was overjoyed when we drafted Cam who was the most physically gifted quarterback in our franchise history. And I am still optimistic given last year he showed his toughness and grit regardless of our record or his individual stats. He was not only a leader but he never quit and showed up healthy or hurt. You can coach heart and he showed that in spades.

OPFM is taking CelibatePimp behind the woodshed in here. Quite entertaining.

He has yet to admit that any of his stats were skewed than proving wrong.. in this thread..

In his mind Dalton and Tannihill had the same surrounding cast as Cam..

He has yet to admit that any of his stats were skewed than proving wrong.. in this thread..

In his mind Dalton and Tannihill had the same surrounding cast as Cam..

Arguing with you is like talking to a stone seriously, it's like you're brain dead and I am not about to start again with you today.

Well then we can't discount Miami drafting Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner at the guard position either I suppose. What good does comparing two pretty horrendous offensive lines do?

You want to talk about results? About the only memory I have of our offensive line is them getting beat to the tune of 9 sacks on Monday Night Football. We will see what happens this season. Miami will be fine with their pro bowl center, pro bowl left tackle, and 1st round talented right tackle along with a couple young guards getting a chance to gel together and make strides of their own. Our interior looks okay at the moment but we, much like the Dolphins are counting on some young guards to take the next step. Forgive me if I'm not sold on Mike Remmers and Michael Oher as the future or even protecting our quarterback this season. Thankfully there is still a draft coming up but after Gettleman's comments about Oher I don't expect us to bring in a top tackle prospect. We saw how his faith in Bell and Chandler worked out last year.

Once again the whole weapons around a young quarterback debate really goes back to effort to me more than anything. The Dolphins brought in a pro bowl left tackle. Drafted a tackle early on the same year. Drafted a highly touted WR... brought in another in Wallace although he had mixed results. I'm just waiting for this team to make an honest effort to really set Cam up in position to succeed. Let's hope we draft a receiver early this year and a tackle and running back couldn't hurt. Heck, let's get two tackles with our 9 picks.

Well then we can't discount Miami drafting Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner at the guard position either I suppose. What good does comparing two pretty horrendous offensive lines do?

You want to talk about results? About the only memory I have of our offensive line is them getting beat to the tune of 9 sacks on Monday Night Football. We will see what happens this season. Miami will be fine with their pro bowl center, pro bowl left tackle, and 1st round talented right tackle along with a couple young guards getting a chance to gel together and make strides of their own. Our interior looks okay at the moment but we, much like the Dolphins are counting on some young guards to take the next step. Forgive me if I'm not sold on Mike Remmers and Michael Oher as the future or even protecting our quarterback this season. Thankfully there is still a draft coming up but after Gettleman's comments about Oher I don't expect us to bring in a top tackle prospect. We saw how his faith in Bell and Chandler worked out last year.

This is the same way you entered last night's argument without knowing the context.

Today I was talking about Tannehill having a worse oline than Cam's last season and having better passing stats. That fact is indisputable so what are you arguing about? Unless you know some stats that I don't know, there is not point arguing MIA had a worse oline than ours.

It clearly showed to anyone who watched that we did not have the offensive firepower to keep up with the Seahawks in the playoffs this past year. If the goal is to win a Super Bowl, which it obviously should be, then the road to a Lombardi trophy will go through Seattle.

It's time to upgrade. Gettleman is no fool, if we can see it, so can he.

Archived