• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Placeholder: Other Team's Cuts

Proudiddy

I guess a mod can sticky it, change the title to your liking, or whatever.... Hopefully people will use it. Post any interesting cuts from other teams that could help us out... Or at least guys you think could help us out.

Dexter Jackson from TB. - I know all he did was return, but he can fly. Also, teams typically sign guys off other teams in their division, so I can see it as a possibility. What do you think?

*LB Stryker Sulak, who we worked out earlier int he offseason was cut by Green Bay. Not sure if it would be worth the trouble now b/c I think Leman and Ivy would be hard to beat out at this point.

*QB Kevin O'Connell was cut from the Patriots. I thought this guy had tons of talent, would like to see what he could do (no worse than McCown, I'm sure). Maybe PS guy?

Several scrub DTs but none better than what we already have.

Not when it's pertaining to who you think could help the Panthers.

Post guys that get cut that you think would be an upgrade or valuable addition... Or guys that you think we could realistically sign.

Saying another team's trash is going to be an upgrade for us, sure doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Saying another team's trash is going to be an upgrade for us, sure doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Look around the league. There are quite a few players that are starters now after being cut from another team. It will be that way until they let teams keep more than 53 players.

A perfect example is Justin Hartwig. He just won a Super Bowl as the Steelers starting center after being cut by the Panthers.

It's rare though. Very low percentage. But hey, you can't gamble unless you try.

Jared Bush was an undrafted guy that all of fans like a few years ago and he got cut and was quickly signed by Green Bay. He hasn't started but has been their nickel and dime corner since then. And the titans have jovan haye and tony brown who were both cuts from us a few years back. If someone decent gets cut I would like to see us improve the depth on the offensive line, safety, maybe corner, or maybe a kick returner would be nice.

It's rare though. Very low percentage. But hey, you can't gamble unless you try.

I don't think it is that rare. I suppose percentage wise, sure, but look at all the players that have been picked up or went undrafted. Some of the league's best stars are those that didn't make the first cut, or were backups (Delhomme...Warner....Michael Turner....etc).

Wishing we had kept Tony Brown myself... would have helped out this year for sure.

He's another perfect example of the numbers crunch. I guarantee you that John Fox did not want to cut Brown, but the Panthers were loaded at DT that year and somebody had to go. I wish we still had the same problem.

Archived