• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for DT!!!!!

Phoenaxe

I'm just saying if we are going to get Corey Williams or any proven starting DT we have to give up something substantial. All I have heard is Stewart could be playing in real games but the coaching staff is being cautious. RB, DE, and LB are the only areas the Panthers have depth and the Browns need a RB. Davis is having an awesome camp but the shelf is pretty bare behind him. Most teams want to have a two back system without losing a lot of performance when the #2 guy goes in. Anyway, I'm not saying it's a good idea or it will happen......I'm just looking at pieces of the puzzle to see where they might fit.

Even though the team gave up a conditional pick for Leonard, his salary this year was priced right at only $460k (per Steve Reed).

yeah i was wondering about that. the place i get most of my contract information already had him as a panther and didn't have any details up.

i have no problem with that price tag.

we could wait for the cuts of the packers. they are switching to 3-4 and had alot of dts. i like the trade for this big guy. he is thick around the waist and legs. he will be much more of an anchor than hayden or favorite. Harvey is to weak for his size and i think will be cut with the trade for leonard. so i say harvey and cherry are cut today

Let me first say that I am excited about this guy and I will be looking for a Browns replay on NFL network so that I can check him out. My question is whether or not he will satisfy Beason's request for a 'veteren' presence in the middle. I like this kid's attitude and potential but he probably has as much experience as Hayden. Not that Beason's opinion really matters.

Oh and what does this do to the depth chart? Any chance Irvin turns out to be the next Attilya Ellison?

I'm just saying if we are going to get Corey Williams or any proven starting DT we have to give up something substantial. All I have heard is Stewart could be playing in real games but the coaching staff is being cautious. RB, DE, and LB are the only areas the Panthers have depth and the Browns need a RB. Davis is having an awesome camp but the shelf is pretty bare behind him. Most teams want to have a two back system without losing a lot of performance when the #2 guy goes in. Anyway, I'm not saying it's a good idea or it will happen......I'm just looking at pieces of the puzzle to see where they might fit.

Decori Birmingham hasn't had a terrible camp and has looked serviceable or better in the preseason...

I remember similar negative reactions when we picked up Chris Hariis, Jeremy Bridges, Nail Diggs, Keydrick Vincent, etc. All of which provided positives for the team.

I'll judge him after I see him play...which I'll guess is more than a large majority of the detractors have ever actually done.

by the end of kemo's third year he had 52 tackles and 3 sacks and had played in 37 games and we got him after he had played in another 16 games, 40 more tackles and one more sack.

we were getting a bit more than what we are getting with leonard.

I'm looking at third year only. In Kemo's fourth he was a starter and made his payday with us as a result. In his first two years he got a little more playing time than Leonard has, but in his third he only had two more tackles (both assists) than Leonard got last year. I'm going off the stats at nfl.com.

I just see a lot of similarities there, enough to think that maybe Leonard's production as a fourth-year starter might rival Kemo's fourth year in Baltimore. And yes, I know they're in different systems, but looking at the same point in their careers this could be our guy.

Archived