• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam needs to step up this year

I have never critcized Cam. I realize that he needs more weapons. I also realize that the current GM and staff has had their hands tied, DG said from the get go it would take 3 yrs to turn things around. I have faith in Cam and the FO that this will be year that things improve.

As far as weapons go I don't think we're close. And if Oher plays like he's been playing the last couple of seasons Cam is screwed.

Dilfer brought up a good point, if our o-line is terrible again a big receiver like Funchess is going to be useless.

So what you're saying is... HE is the ONLY thing that's NOT been consistent in his NFL career? cuz HE hasn't put it together consistently??

Lmao. Putting words in my mouth and assuming outlandish things. 

I meant exactly what I said, nothing more, nothing less. 

Lmao. Putting words in my mouth and assuming outlandish things. 

I meant exactly what I said, nothing more, nothing less. 

So when you said "He has all the talent in the world. Just hasnt put it together yet and been consistent."

You didn't mean "He has all the talent in the world.  He just hasnt put it together yet and been consistent."?

Cuz that pretty much means "HE" is the reason he's not put it together, and not been consistent. Am I wrong?

So when you said "He has all the talent in the world. Just hasnt put it together yet and been consistent."

You didn't mean "He has all the talent in the world.  He just hasnt put it together yet and been consistent."?

Cuz that pretty much means "HE" is the reason he's not put it together, and not been consistent. Am I wrong?

Me nor anyone else on this board know the reason to why Cam hasnt put it together. I imagine the reason(s) are many and varied.  

I'm never a big fan of "Player X needs to step up this year" statements.

Name me a time when every single player on any roster didn't need to 'step up'.

While you have a point, one must also understand every player on a roster is not as of equal importance or has such a major influence on the success or failure of the team with on the field play and cap ramifications. 

We need Cam to take that next step a lot more than Fozzy. 

Me nor anyone else on this board know the reason to why Cam hasnt put it together. I imagine the reason(s) are many and varied.  

I'm pretty sure my original post in this thread was pretty pointed at the reasons why Cam hasn't put it together.

I'm pretty sure my original post in this thread was pretty pointed at the reasons why Cam hasn't put it together.

We can only speculate and make educated guesses. 

But it is safe to say it is both stuff out of his control (OC, OL, weapons, etc) and also some stuff he can control (footwork, being more decisive, making better reads/throws, etc). 

While you have a point, one must also understand every player on a roster is not as of equal importance or has such a major influence on the success or failure of the team with on the field play and cap ramifications. 

We need Cam to take that next step a lot more than Fozzy. 

I dunno. I'm pretty sure the team is as strong as it's weakest link. So, the Weakest person "stepping it up" and moving to that next level, elevates the team.

I dunno. I'm pretty sure the team is as strong as it's weakest link. So, the Weakest person "stepping it up" and moving to that next level, elevates the team.

Im pretty sure Cam stepping up will have more significance than Fozzy stepping up. 

We can only speculate and make educated guesses. 

But it is safe to say it is both stuff out of his control (OC and OL) and also some stuff he can control (footwork, being more decisive, making better reads/throws, etc). 

I'm pretty sure the anyone with half a football mind can make some pretty solid Educated guesses that the talent he's had to throw to in his career as a Panther hasn't been "consistent". the Oline rankings show that's not been consistent. 2 OC's on top of that (completely different styles)... yeah, those a major factors.

Yes, he needs to work on his footwork. We have all been saying that since he got to the NFL.

Even in the past season I saw Game make "better" and "more decisive" reads. And Hell, even the best Qb's make those mistakes. that's a fluid thing with new defensive alignments and match-ups. Part of the game. but, I personally feel he's done pretty well at progressing there in the past 2 seasons.

No one is argue'n that Cam doesn't need to do better on things. And if they are, that's just idiotic. But, to think it's solely on his shoulders to carry the team and "elevate his game" to the next level... that's what he has been trying to let go of. He's said it himself. He can't expect to be the guy to always make the play. he has t trust his teammates. Work together as a team and elevate to those standards.

It's happening. The Panthers as a team are getting younger, and learning together. young players learning together. working together. staying together for a consistent solid number of years will wield results.

It's been a mixed bag for Cam.

He's young. (as his Coaching staff has been as well when it comes to their careers are certain positions. Not to mention the new philosophy from the GM standpoint that's only been in for 2 years, and gave a statement of doubt that Cam would even be that franchise QB) it's a process. And I for one see it progressing.

Here's to the Future. Here's to the whole offense building together upon itself... And here's to a championship in the near future.

Archived