• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam needs to step up this year

He didn't say he needs to be "perfect", he said he needs to take his game to another level, which is true. If we are actually expecting to win a superbowl, he has got to. And newsflash to you too, no O-line is perfect either, which is why Cam has to get better at pocket awareness, situational football, anticipation, etc. so he can help them out as well.

You are giving the o-line too much credit. It's been one of the worst for years. And as I said, how do you expect Cam to take his game to the next level if he has to worry about fleeing for his life. Cam has been one of the most sacked QB's in the last few years. It's not for nothing why people have been complaining about getting him protection.It's an obvious fact. 

Putting your cock in the Hornets nest I see.

Either way I agree. The huddle sees a HOF QB. Everyone else sees an average QB. But everyone else is wrong you see.

lmao

Or, you know, they see a franchise QB that has flaws but he constantly puts this team on his back (See The Bengals game.) with a lack of talent around him.

He's easily better than Dalton, Kapernick and Cutler. And you see the kind of money they made, lol if you think someone who means this much to this franchise is going anywhere.

Newsflash but no QB is perfect. You are the type of person who expects Cam to be perfect when there are no perfect QB's in the league. Every single one makes mistakes, so get that through your head first of all. And secondly you act like Cam has had the perfect O-line these past 4 years when he hasn't. You may not want to hear it but circumstances do matter. If an O-line is poo, how do you expect a QB to be consistent when he has to worry about protection. Gettleman has pretty much said that Cam is the franchise QB so short of Cam regressing, he's not going anywhere. 

Aint no one talking about being perfect. I am just talking about climbing out of the middle of the road QB statistics and simply becoming a better more consistent QB. 

Bad OL's can be worked around some what with a very short quick passing game. 

Ovcourse Cam isnt going anywhere. 

This year the OL play should be much better, hell was much better the second half of the year last yr. 

As I said, its getting time to take that next step. 

Aint no one talking about being perfect. I am just talking about climbing out of the middle of the road QB statistics and simply becoming a better more consistent QB. 

Bad OL's can be worked around some what with a very short quick passing game. 

Ovcourse Cam isnt going anywhere. 

This year the OL play should be much better, hell was much better the second half of the year last yr. 

As I said, its getting time to take that next step. 

Our offense is not built around a quick passing game. It's like you are seeing one thing and the reality being another. We often have a slow developing offense with an O-line that gives up protection way too often. Which is a recipe for inconsistency especially for a QB who is growing in the position. The thing about what you said is that you are making it sound like a threat. If Cam is middle of the road again, guess what? He will very likely still sign a new contract with the team. 

Our offense is not built around a quick passing game. It's like you are seeing one thing and the reality being another. We often have a slow developing offense with an O-line that gives up protection way too often. Which is a recipe for inconsistency especially for a QB who is growing in the position. The thing about what you said is that you are making it sound like a threat. If Cam is middle of the road again, guess what? He will very likely still sign a new contract with the team. 

I do not buy the offense being built around excuse. Instead of the 10+ yard routes and the 5 step drops you simply call plays of -10 yards and 3 step drops. 

Not sure what you mean by "threat". You are right, even if Cam is middle of the road he will still sign a new contract. 

lmao

Or, you know, they see a franchise QB that has flaws but he constantly puts this team on his back (See The Bengals game.) with a lack of talent around him.

He's easily better than Dalton, Kapernick and Cutler. And you see the kind of money they made, lol if you think someone who means this much to this franchise is going anywhere.

Dalton, Kaep, and Cutler all suck balls though. And their teams are going nowhere fast. The QB bubble will pop when Seattle tells Wilson to fug off next year, in my opinion.

You can't just throw out stats and say "there's that". No, how many of those sacks came from holding the ball too long or trying to create by running back 10 yards? And just stop man, Cam isn't the only one with a bad o-line. Matt Ryan had an equally bad O-line (maybe even worse) than ours and yet he still put up decent stats after getting his sh*t tossed (HEHE) around last year.

Once again. Two diffrent offenses. We rely (foolish) on a lot of deep routes and routes that take a while to run. Despite the fat that any competent OC would call quicker passes to put less pressure on the o-line but, we have Sula.

Then again we also had Lafell and Cotch as our #2.

As for Matt Ryan, that s a pass happy offense.He's had over 600 attempts the past 3 years. Cam's only had over 500 once, 

Probably unlike most of the huddle, I am not 100% sure Cam can lead us to a Superbowl win or become that great QB we hope and expected him to be. He has been inconsistent since coming into the league. 

Yes, he has had some significant limitations (OL and OC) but OL should be much improved this year. 

I would like to be able to see him with an actual OC who has produced top 10 offenses but unfortunately, I do not see Shula getting fired due to our defense keeping all the games close. I hope I am wrong on that. 

So, Cam has to take that next step WITH Shula. As of right now, I am weary of investing the farm on a guy that is as inconsistent as Cam. 

Prepare your anus. The Huddle allows NO negative talk about Cam, discussion of Cam, doubt of Cam, or criticism of Cam.

Prepare your anus. The Huddle allows NO negative talk about Cam, discussion of Cam, doubt of Cam, or criticism of Cam.

Sometimes I wish for Panthersunited posts instead of your posts.

Archived