• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Open WWE/NXT/Pro Wrestling thread

teeray

So glad I don't invest time in WWE. Just read the results thus far. Sheamus wins the MITB? A horrible Dusty Finish in the Womens match, Owen's heat drops BIG time with the loss, a pointless tag title match, and a DQ win by the Big Show. Jesus WWE is garbage ... even if the Cena match was as good as people say it way.

3 good matches.  Worst booking of the year so far though.  None of it made much sense.

Sheamus wins MITB.  Okay whatever.  I will get back to that.  Wyatt interfering makes zero sense, and he is likely just going to get fed to Reigns and further bury his character.  Unless there is a double switch or something of consequence results from the feud it will be a big waste of time that doesn't help either character.

Cena wins.  Just dumb.  They effectively neutered Owens in just two matches.  No reason for Cena to win there.  None.  Cena has the resume to absorb several losses then get the favor back from Owens well down the line after getting Owens completely over and maximizing his legitimacy.  Then he gets the payback blow off match later.  Dumb dumb dumb.

Rollins wins.  Insane match.  Those guys beat the sh1t out of each other.  But this hurts Ambrose and doesn't help Rollins.  If they were going to go this route, why not just give Dean the win at EC and then Rollins wins title back tonight?  Giving Dean even a short title run further solidifies his character and would have affected nothing in the storyline as it played out.   Further it makes Dean look like the guy who couldn't beat the guy who lost to J&J security (who also happens to be the champ)

Now back to Sheamus.  You have a guy win MITB who is a heel and a champ who is a heel.  No babyface in the main event scene who anyone would give a poo about wrestling Sheamus.  He isn't even over as a heel.  He only gets heat because he looks stupid.  No where does Sheamus fit into any storyline with Rollins, Lesnar, Ambrose, Reigns, etc.  Lesnar is only coming back part time, Cena is US champ, Reigns or Ambrose might be champ someday, but what babyface is going to cash in on?  There is zero demand for Sheamus to be in main event picture.

I won't give the show an F because there were 3 really good matches.  But the booking was terrible.  Didn't progress any storylines and helped nobody

3 good matches.  Worst booking of the year so far though.  None of it made much sense.

Sheamus wins MITB.  Okay whatever.  I will get back to that.  Wyatt interfering makes zero sense, and he is likely just going to get fed to Reigns and further bury his character.  Unless there is a double switch or something of consequence results from the feud it will be a big waste of time that doesn't help either character.

Cena wins.  Just dumb.  They effectively neutered Owens in just two matches.  No reason for Cena to win there.  None.  Cena has the resume to absorb several losses then get the favor back from Owens well down the line after getting Owens completely over and maximizing his legitimacy.  Then he gets the payback blow off match later.  Dumb dumb dumb.

Rollins wins.  Insane match.  Those guys beat the sh1t out of each other.  But this hurts Ambrose and doesn't help Rollins.  If they were going to go this route, why not just give Dean the win at EC and then Rollins wins title back tonight?  Giving Dean even a short title run further solidifies his character and would have affected nothing in the storyline as it played out.   Further it makes Dean look like the guy who couldn't beat the guy who lost to J&J security (who also happens to be the champ)

Now back to Sheamus.  You have a guy win MITB who is a heel and a champ who is a heel.  No babyface in the main event scene who anyone would give a poo about wrestling Sheamus.  He isn't even over as a heel.  He only gets heat because he looks stupid.  No where does Sheamus fit into any storyline with Rollins, Lesnar, Ambrose, Reigns, etc.  Lesnar is only coming back part time, Cena is US champ, Reigns or Ambrose might be champ someday, but what babyface is going to cash in on?  There is zero demand for Sheamus to be in main event picture.

I won't give the show an F because there were 3 really food matches.  But the booking was terrible.  Didn't progress any storylines and helped nobody

​The answer to all of this is VINCE. He needs to fade away. Sadly he's probably poisoned the mind of HHH and Steph, who in turn make it known what they want and the writers follow suit. Nothing will ever be better than the old school ECW days. Wrestling AND good stories. We can find good wrestling on TNA, NJPW, Lucha U, and ROH but there is no story and no entertainment. WWE has the story and showtime but next to no wrestling. As fans we just can't win.

​The answer to all of this is VINCE. He needs to fade away. Sadly he's probably poisoned the mind of HHH and Steph, who in turn make it known what they want and the writers follow suit. Nothing will ever be better than the old school ECW days. Wrestling AND good stories. We can find good wrestling on TNA, NJPW, Lucha U, and ROH but there is no story and no entertainment. WWE has the story and showtime but next to no wrestling. As fans we just can't win.

WWE is just frustrating with their inconsistency.  The thing about WWE though is when they hit it they hit homeruns.  They are like Cecil Fielder.  Home runs and strike outs.

The build to Wrestlemania this year sucked, but then Wrestlemania itself was one of the best in years.  When they do good it is amazing.  They just don't do good often enough.

It is frustrating because when those bright moments happen I am like "that is why I watch this poo".  But it happens so infrequently.

I agree Vince is the problem.  He is going to do what he wants to do even if no one wants it (see Roman Reigns last year).

And I am not really an overbearing smark, I give a lot of leeway and don't expect everything to be perfect, unlike some people out there who are always hyper critical.

But there were compelling stories and character/storyline building moments that they left on the table tonight.

Damn, a Cecil Fielder analogy! i award you 55 Internet Cool Points.

They always say Vince likes "big guys" which is why Reigns was pushed and I bet Sheamus won MITB. Reigns has ZERO charisma and Sheamus is terrible in just about every possible way. Could you imagine an awesome wrestler like Austin Aries being in WWE, lol? My god. But yes, thankfully they have NXT. But then again, they changed Prince Devitt's cool name and gave him some freak show make-up and will probably ruin Samoa Joe.

It made sense for Cena to win this match for Owens to be put over in the long run. It keeps the feud going.

The feud could have kept going either way.  If Owens had the same resume or was better established on main roster, yeah that might make some sense.

It would have made more sense to build Owens up, and then get the blow off later (like perhaps SummerSlam)

Making Owens own Cena for a while, now going into SummerSlam Cena is the scrappy underdog for once in his life (well twice if u count Lesnar but he is just a part timer)

Then once the feud ends Owens is established as a monster heel who is a force to be feared.  Instead now he is just another guy.

Not to mention it takes heat away from Finn Balor if he beats Owens in Japan for the NXT title.  That moment is less special now.

They could have better built two stars (Owens and whoever beat Owens for NXT title) instead they neutered two future stars for no reason except LOLCENAWINS.

Not that Owens and Balor won't get over on their own, but Cena losing just made sense, and him winning is dumb in the big picture.

Cena needed to get a win against him eventually, but winning last night just takes money off the table.

Of course this is all just my opinion, and their match last night was really, really good.  And the fallout of the match will determine a lot.  I just feel the wrong guy went over last night

The feud could have kept going either way.  If Owens had the same resume or was better established on main roster, yeah that might make some sense.

It would have made more sense to build Owens up, and then get the blow off later (like perhaps SummerSlam)

Making Owens own Cena for a while, now going into SummerSlam Cena is the scrappy underdog for once in his life (well twice if u count Lesnar but he is just a part timer)

Then once the feud ends Owens is established as a monster heel who is a force to be feared.  Instead now he is just another guy.

Not to mention it takes heat away from Finn Balor if he beats Owens in Japan for the NXT title.  That moment is less special now.

They could have better built two stars (Owens and whoever beat Owens for NXT title) instead they neutered two future stars for no reason except LOLCENAWINS.

Not that Owens and Balor won't get over on their own, but Cena losing just made sense, and him winning is dumb in the big picture.

Cena needed to get a win against him eventually, but winning last night just takes money off the table.

Of course this is all just my opinion, and their match last night was really, really good.  And the fallout of the match will determine a lot.  I just feel the wrong guy went over last night

I very much disagree. In order for Owens to her the most bump, he needed to lose last night. It sets him up to win the feud and win the United States championship. I doubt it would be possible for him to beat Cena three times in a row, so if Cena won that third time it would stall his progress.

Archived