• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Open WWE/NXT/Pro Wrestling thread

teeray

If you're a big WWE fan, you probably won't like NJPW. It's just like ROH. Actual wrestling. Very little drama, other than the ring entrances and some storylines written for groups to "control" the promotion. But like ROH, and old ECW (that you had to watch at 4 AM) it's what the sport should be. WWE today is trash. Straight trash. It's an embarrassment to the old days, and an embarrassment to today's skilled stars. Yes, it what the masses are spoon fed and love ... but it's just horrible.

I am a big fan of WWE and was a big fan of the old ECW as well as Mid-Atlantic and NWA wrestling.

It doesn't have to be either or in my opinion.

I just havent watched New Japan yet. Heck, I just started watching WWE agaim last year.

My personal favorite time period was the new generation era (1992-1997). You might be surprised but that's the era I watched first and it's not the golden age of the late 80s/early 90s, but I just think that a lot more people were watching during that time period and that's the only reason it's thought of as the greatest time for wrestling (or right behind the attitude era).

Nowadays it's weird seeing people discuss wrestling. When you look online and people are referencing the ruthless aggression era as the greatest time in their opinion, I tilt my head because I always thought of it as not as good as any of the other eras, but these tend to be younger people who were the same age then as I was during the new generation.

Sting and Warrior were in a stable called "Powerteam USA", I can't remember what promotion they were in. They split aeay from that and joined some other promotion calling themselves Justice (Warrior) and Flash (Sting). I dont think they had a tag team name though. Then they joined UWF and became a tag team calling themselves "The Blade Runners". This is in the mid 80's. GWF didn't start until 90 or 91 after Sting had already established himself in NWA/WCW and Warrior in WWF.

Blade Runners with Ultimate Warrior and Sting

blade.jpg

Blade Runners with Ultimate Warrior and Sting

blade.jpg

What shade of lipstick is Sting wearing. He looks like he is giving a fist pump after getting invited to a bukkake party.... where he is the guest of honor

Archived