• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about signing Feely???

panthersguy78

I think Jackson is a better option. MIN is shopping him, and he has potential to be a great QB in a couple years when Jake retires. He's had his issues, but he is young and given another year or two he could turn into a great one...and at the right time, too.

I think he is too much of a west coast offense guy. It would add an additional dimension to our offense though.

Why? I wouldn't exactly call him an upgrade.

Its an upgrade for the backups we have now though. Im not a fan of T. Jackson, theres got to be someone out there... Heck Id take McDaniel or Brennan over Jackson as a backup...

Its Jakes job till he says hes done. We know that deep down, some of us have to just admit it.

Its an upgrade for the backups we have now though. Im not a fan of T. Jackson, theres got to be someone out there... Heck Id take McDaniel or Brennan over Jackson as a backup...

Its Jakes job till he says hes done. We know that deep down, some of us have to just admit it.

I really don't see how you think that.

I think he is too much of a west coast offense guy. It would add an additional dimension to our offense though.

Yep. He looked like crap playing outside that system (See also: Garcia, Jeff)

I didn't see anything tonight that made me think we need to address the backup QB spot. We've got way more important things to worry about.

Updates on some other names that have been bandied about here (from PFT).

Thigpen leaves after two interceptions

Despite some trade rumors to the contrary, the indications out of Kansas City this week were that Tyler Thigpen was staying put, regardless of the status of Matt Cassel's knee.

Any team interested in Thigpen may have had second thoughts after Thursday night's performance anyhow. Thigpen threw two interceptions in seven attempts before getting the hook for Matt Gutierrez.

Brennan gets humbled

Colt Brennan's stock reportedly fell in the 2008 draft because of his attitude as much as his funky throwing motion.

After a great rookie preseason and a strong start to his second training camp, Brennan was puffing his chest out and thinking he could swipe Todd Collins' job as the team's backup quarterback. Just a few humbling weeks later, Brennan is on the roster bubble.

Brennan has completed only 13-of-27 passes with one touchdown, three interceptions, and seven sacks in three preseason games and could lose his job as Washington's third quarterback to Chase Daniel.

And it sounds like Brennan's attitude has been necessarily adjusted, according to Jason Reid of the Washington Post: "The swagger Brennan displayed before camp and preseason has been replaced by outward humility, which has been a refreshing change to some in the organization who thought the kid used to be way too arrogant for someone who had accomplished, well, nothing," Reid wrote.

Feeley? An upgrade? Why people around here always think that the grass always looks greener on the other side? Yeah, we don't have 5 stars QBs able to make all the kind of throws with top accuracy. He never started for a full season, and when he was starting, he struggled.

Moore made some good things on his first season. Why should be Feeley ( who is a 3rd/4th stringer right now ) an upgrade over Matt?

Archived