• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FIFA Women's World Cup

Hawk

My thoughts:

We thoroughly outclassed Germany all game. They had no legitimate scoring chances in the first half besides a wide open header that was well over the goal. Our finishing was still far from where it should be in the final third, especially from Morgan, but our playmaking ability (especially Morgan) has been fantastic.

Yes, Johnston should have been shown a red in addition to the penalty, but they missed the penalty anyway. I still think our penalty was indeed a penalty as Morgan was fouled by the defender whose foot was on the edge of the box. If Johnston should have been shown a red for a denial of goal scoring opportunity, then Krahn should have been shown a red too as her foul on Morgan was a clear denial of goal scoring opportunity.

Also, Popp had two fouls that were equally worthy of a yellow card and somehow only received a warning twice.  The second goal was absolutely fantastic, and really exemplified our superiority on the pitch. Oh, and Germany did not register a shot on goal all game, as you could tell by the countless times they blasted horrendous 30+ yarders wide and well over the goal.

tldr: i dont want to hear any excuses about the refereeing, as the USA had more chances on goal (5 to 0) and played better overall.

Am I the only one who finds the commentary really poor? Example: When Alex Morgan missed that difficult shot at a tough angle, and the female commentary instantly jumped to her defense saying the only reason she missed that shot is because her injury which hindered her preparation. Just say it was a good effort and she just didn't get the best touch on it and quit making excuses for her. 

Am I the only one who finds the commentary really poor? Example: When Alex Morgan missed that difficult shot at a tough angle, and the female commentary instantly jumped to her defense saying the only reason she missed that shot is because her injury which hindered her preparation. Just say it was a good effort and she just didn't get the best touch on it and quit making excuses for her. 

there is some truth to that statement though. she hadn't played significant time in preparation for the WC due to her injury. she didnt even start during the first two games in the group stage IIRC. Same with Wambach, which would explain why her finishing has been poor too.

there is some truth to that statement though. she hadn't played significant time in preparation for the WC due to her injury. she didnt even start during the first two games in the group stage IIRC. Same with Wambach, which would explain why her finishing has been poor too.

I suppose but people take poor touches all the time and it's not easy getting a ball on net regardless of injury from that angle with a defender in her face. I just feel like the commentary is really dumbed down for the viewers unfamiliar with the game. I get why they do that, but I feel like I'm listening to my 3rd grade teacher talking to me like I was 9-10 again for 90 minutes. 

I suppose but people take poor touches all the time and it's not easy getting a ball on net regardless of injury from that angle with a defender in her face. I just feel like the commentary is really dumbed down for the viewers unfamiliar with the game. I get why they do that, but I feel like I'm listening to my 3rd grade teacher talking to me like I was 9-10 again for 90 minutes. 

thats how i felt watching baseball on fox when joe buck and tim mccarver (especially mccarver) would talk like the viewer had literally no knowledge of how baseball was played. its gotta be something with FOX in general lol

Archived