• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RIP Dusty Rhodes

SCP

Hard times are when a man has worked at a job for 30 years, 30 years, and they give him a watch, kick him in the butt and say "hey a computer took your place, daddy", that's hard times!

Damn RIP.

About 30 or so years ago, mybuddies and I were playing football in a lot behind a gas station just off 29 in Reidsville.  Some guys started cheering & we look up to see Steamboat,  Flair, Koloff, MacDaniels & Rhodes. 

Nice guys, chatted with us while the buses were refueling,  & I said "wait... I thought you guys hated each other." Rhodes laughed & said "don't believe everything you see on TVkid."

Damn RIP.

About 30 or so years ago, mybuddies and I were playing football in a lot behind a gas station just off 29 in Reidsville.  Some guys started cheering & we look up to see Steamboat,  Flair, Koloff, MacDaniels & Rhodes. 

Nice guys, chatted with us while the buses were refueling,  & I said "wait... I thought you guys hated each other." Rhodes laughed & said "don't believe everything you see on TVkid."

That's awesome

He was part of the era of wrestling that I really dug.  Him, Flair, Nikita and Ivan Koloff, Tully Blanchard, Legion of Doom, etc. etc.    

I remember seeing Ivan Koloff in a Kmart about 10-15 years ago doing some promo work for a local wrestling match.  Nice dude.

Damn RIP.

​they all used to drink at the same Hotel bar here in Richmond, Va. back in the late 70's early 80's

only scuffles they got into were with local tough guys or loud mouths (dumbasses)

those were the days......................

Archived