• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

i wouldn't mind cotchery's marginal production if he didn't do stuff like pull up short on routes in playoff games. young guys can learn from a slow but savvy vet, but imo he seems mistake-prone without any of the athletic ability or youth to make up for it.

​From your mouth to Rivera's ears. 

This roster isn't what I would personally do, but what I see Rivera doing. 

• Pie 2

Not much new learning needed in catching a ball that hits you in the hands. 

He needs to improve a great deal before he can be considered for a roster spot. Hopefully in camp he gets it together. 

​Yea. Our 6th WR is not going to see the field that much if any next year if all he does is play WR. Boykin's special teams ability could keep him active for more games than another WR that doesn't do anything else. Also, they could alternate between Bersin and Boykin depending who they play. If they need more WRs, activate Bersin. If they need help on ST, activate Boykin.

what the hell happened to klein, anyway? he had a damn good 2013 campaign and looked like the future of the position over chase blackburn.

​Agreed, and I think Klein's more of an MLB anyway.  Seems like he'd be a solid backup to Luke, and we know he can actually play.  Maybe Mayo will look completely different in camp once the pads come on, but at this point it's hard to imagine Mayo being picked over Klein for reasons other than draft pick pride. Camp and preseason will tell the story.

btw I like what I'm hearing about Marlowe. Him and Peters were my two UDFA choices to make the team, but Peters got hurt. I also am a fan of Colin Jones. I actually think he can be better than Harper. If Coleman proves in preseason to be the clear choice for SS, I hope we cut Harper and have Jones and Marlowe as the backup safeties. 

​Agreed, and I think Klein's more of an MLB anyway.  Seems like he'd be a solid backup to Luke, and we know he can actually play.  Maybe Mayo will look completely different in camp once the pads come on, but at this point it's hard to imagine Mayo being picked over Klein for reasons other than draft pick pride. Camp and preseason will tell the story.

Gettleman has never cut a rookie draft pick. Until he does otherwise...

Gettleman has never cut a rookie draft pick. Until he does otherwise...

​Getting super pedantic here, but didn't we cut Gafney to put him on IR?

Anyway has Remmers looked good enough at Center to have Folkerts worried?

Edited by DOMOMAN

​Getting super pedantic here, but didn't we cut Gafney to put him on IR?

​Releasing an injured player in an attempt to put him on IR isn't the same thing. 

But lets say it is.... Do you see Gettleman being more or less likely to release a rookie now after seeing the Pats pick up Gafney last year? The Gafney debacle probably further solidified the notion to Gettleman that draft picks don't get waived.