• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

trashy unclassed falcons fan trying to say that matt ryan is better then cam

juliosantos

I don't think anyone was saying Cam was better in 2011 or 2012, and the Falcons were making the playoffs in fairly easy fashion. It's more like for the first two years, everyone was saying Cam had great stats but couldn't win. Now, they are saying he wins, but his stats suck.

And keep in mind - both Cam and Matt Ryan have similar win percentage (Cam is 30-31-1, Ryan is 33-31) over the last four years. and they are both 4-4 head to head.

Eh. We have different memories. The arguments on both sides have basically flip flopped. I wouldn't care, because I have no dog in the fight. I think Ryan is a better QB. I think they're both pretty close as far as their impact on a team. Cam has the higher ceiling. 

Fixed that for you.

He's had his rough times and stretches, but I've lost count how many times I've seen Cam be about the only player on the whole damn team that would be out there playing worth a damn.  Times where the defense would get gashed, running game getting stuff, o-line getting blown up, receivers not getting open or dropping passes... and Cam would shrug off would be tackler after would be tackler, or just straight up break their ankles or run over them to keep a drive alive just to give the team life.

Either that, or at times rifle in one of the most gorgeous 30+ yard bullets you'll ever see that'll go right in between two defenders and hit the receiver right in the fold of the arm to minimize a drop.

He can be inconsistent as poo, but when he's actually on... I don't know if there's another player in the league that can take over a game like he can.  He, as an individual player, can single-handedly break a defense when he's on point.  I mean, hell, it's pretty much what he did on a regular basis at Auburn.

This is another point I don't agree with. Cam doesn't take over games. It's the reason why the Panthers win when the defense plays well and more often than not, lose when he defense doesn't. The biggest turn around on the Panthers team last year was the defense. When they returned to dominant form, the Panthers won. 

Thats not a knock on Cam. Every QB needs help.

Eh. We have different memories. The arguments on both sides have basically flip flopped. I wouldn't care, because I have no dog in the fight. I think Ryan is a better QB. I think they're both pretty close as far as their impact on a team. Cam has the higher ceiling. 

That's fair enough. I think Ryan definitely has a better line and receiving corp to fall back on. I'd say Ryan is really the third-best in the division. I don't think Drew Brees is as great as everyone says, but I'm not sure he's ever had a Pro Bowl receiver to fall back on.

This is another point I don't agree with. Cam doesn't take over games. It's the reason why the Panthers win when the defense plays well and more often than not, lose when he defense doesn't. The biggest turn around on the Panthers team last year was the defense. When they returned to dominant form, the Panthers won. 

STRONGLY disagree. Remember 2013? The comeback victories against New England, San Francisco, Miami and New Orleans were as good as any we've ever had,.

I severely disagree. The Cincy game could have been a blow out but Cam almost led us to victory by himself. Of course, a massive TD drop and a missed FG took that moment away from him. There have been numerous games in the past where Cam makes something miraculous happen and then the defense or special teams blew it by not holding onto the lead. That isn't to say Cam hasn't been inconsistent himself but more often than not it's been Cam carrying the team.

I mean, 2013 was a perfect example too. Our defense was elite that season but they nearly cost us a few games that season too. Cam's heroics against Miami, New Orleans and New England highlighted Cam's ability to take over games.

Cam has NO margin of error. We are 12-24-1 when he has an interception.

Matt is the better pocket passer, and has touch on throws that need them. 

Cam is bigger, stronger, more athletic, has been more of a game changer than Matt has ever been. 

Cam will continue to grow, where i think we've seen Matt's best. 

Not going to comment on the fan in the video, cause i haven't seen it, and thanks to the many descriptions provided for him, I'll pass on wasting my time watching the video.

Sorry.  I respect your opinion, but that's just false.  I've seen Cam take over games multiple times in his career, and when I say take over, I mean him becoming a literal one man offense.  Meaning, he absolutely has the ability to do so.  Hell, even in basketball , just because you take over a game doesn't mean you're going to win despite star players having much more influence in individually winning games.  Look at LeBron.  Look at Jordan's 63 against the Celtics.

Now notice I didn't say he takes over games and we get away with the win.  There's been multiple times (actually most the time... because no player can single-handedly win a football game.  None at all) where we still lost, even with Cam doing nearly everything you could possibly ask your QB to do - mainly his first 2 seasons.  Breaking would be sacks behind the line, converting impossible looking 3rd downs to keep a drive alive, being the entire running game, methodical long drives to keep the defense and special teams off the field, and he's had his moments where he can look like an absolute surgeon.  When he's doing all that in succession, there's not much of an answer for him.  As good as Ryan, and even Brees, are... they simply can't threaten an entire defense in the same way.  When a traditional QB's line, running game, and receivers are all failing him in a game, they're screwed.  Cam still has the ability to make chicken salad out of chicken poo on occasion.

I also wasn't limiting it to just the past two seasons (one of which he was hobbled as fug most the year).  I'll admit he's been asked to do less in the offense for the most part the last two seasons due to us investing so heavily in the defensive side, but hell, even in 2013 when we had that great defense, he still had his moments.  It definitely isn't the best example from his career, but the Patriots MNF game is one instance from the 2013 season.  If you just look at the stats, you wouldn't agree, but you had to watch the game.  It wasn't a high-scoring game, but that's because both teams played the exact same style of long methodical scoring drive offense.  It was a low-scoring (24-20) shootout.  Nearly every drive in that game was a scoring drive... just long as hell scoring drives.  Brady and Cam went nearly the entire 2nd half without an incompletion IIRC.

. And I'd be willing to wager that most Falcons fans would rather have Cam if they were completely  honest 

2389133-4949054815-micha.gif

Ryan is the better passer.

Cam is the better player.

Difference? Cam doesn't flinch and goes into the fetal position when he gets hit. Cam doesn't noodle arm anything. Cam's December record is on par with Tom Brady's. Cam got the likes of Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn Jr paid. Cam has absorbed 4-5 offensive schemes in the last 7 years and still thrived. Cam singlehandedly takes over games when the defense needs to be bailed out.

Ryan has 20+ comebacks, including one to get his team to an NFCCG

Cam has what...5?

Yet Ryan can't take over a game.

Lol. 

Matt Ryan turned Harry Douglas into a 1,000 yard receiver in 2013 when both White and Julio went down. 

You guys ever use facts? 

The fact is Ryan has had White, Jones, and Gonzalez...

Cam has had an old Steve Smith and Olsen.

Matt Ryan's best game was in Blacksburg. 

Enough facts or should I continue? 

Matt Ryan turned Harry Douglas into a 1,000 yard receiver in 2013 when both White and Julio went down. 

You guys ever use facts? 

When your top 2 targets go down, next man up will put up numbers just because he's the next best. If he doesn't put up numbers, then it's time to reevaluate that guy.

Cam threw 2/3's of his yardage to his TE and a rookie WR because they were the only consistently good options he had. And even then, Kelvin Benjamin dropped a few TD passes. While missing games and then playing injured for the entire season. Culminating in Atlanta being curb stomped by Cam to end the season.

When your top 2 targets go down, next man up will put up numbers just because he's the next best. If he doesn't put up numbers, then it's time to reevaluate that guy.

Cam threw 2/3's of his yardage to his TE and a rookie WR because they were the only consistently good options he had. And even then, Kelvin Benjamin dropped a few TD passes. While missing games and then playing injured for the entire season. Culminating in Atlanta being curb stomped by Cam to end the season.

That didn't happen when Andre Johnson left the Texans. 

The fact is Ryan has had White, Jones, and Gonzalez...

Cam has had an old Steve Smith and Olsen.

Matt Ryan's best game was in Blacksburg. 

Enough facts or should I continue? 

Cool. Doesn't change the fact that Ryan has shown he can elevate other players. 

That didn't happen when Andre Johnson left the Texans. 

Cool. Doesn't change the fact that Ryan has shown he can elevate other players. 

Cam made Lafell look good enough to get him flat-out paid (even though Lafell dropped more than a few passes that were on the money and would have been BIG plays).

Cam made Ginn look good enough to get him signed elsewhere when formerly, Ginn looked mediocre at best.

Cam made Corey Brown look like a pretty damn good receiver a few times last season...and it's not like Brown was a high draft pick or anything....

Cam made Brenton Bersin look competent as well...same story as Brown.

Cam was on the money enough with Smitty when he was here, but Smitty in his last season here looked like he had lost his passion and concentration. Dropping passes, soft running some routes, not able to make the big play as often. His issues with the FO here lead to him tearing it up last season in Baltimore.

Cam made Kelvin look like he's just a step away from being a top 10 receiver in the league, when most assumed he would struggle coming into the league.

Cam has reinvigorated Olsen's career here.

So when you tell me that Ryan elevates his guys, presumably implying that Cam doesn't, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not going to watch it. All I know is a Panthers fan shouldn't be pissed that a rival team's fan thinks their guy is better, and vice-versa. At the end of the day, they're still going to think they're right. Besides, do you really want to convert a Falcons/Saints/or Bucs fan? Nahhhh. 

Archived