• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rumor: Panthers Looking to Sign Kuechly before 2016

Daeavorn

lol, does CatScratchReader shorten to derp? 

I think that is just a link shortener that the website uses?

Luke isn't getting anywhere near $72m. A 5yr $50-$55m extension will be his ballpark.

You really don't think he'll make 12/yr? I think that seems completely reasonable for him.

Luke isn't getting anywhere near $72m. A 5yr $50-$55m extension will be his ballpark.

I mean all we're disagreeing on is $1 million. I said 6 year/$72M ($12M/year) and you're saying 5 year/$55M ($11M/year). $10M is too low. Look at the link I posted, Lawrence Timmons is making $9.5M/year. Luke has won DROY and DPOY and has led the league in tackles the past 2 seasons. Additionally, with the salary cap set to explode over the next few years, contracts are rising among all positions.

The reason I think it's going to be a 6 year deal instead of 5 is because Luke is only 24.

Yes!! Sign LUKE now then work on Star, Kk and Norman so all our stars can be locked in for at least the next five years" So everyone can be on the same page for the future and happy too know we cherish them and there willingness to become close and better.. So the next draft want scare us too go after a top DT,DE or OT cause even if they are better then our starters we can pay them and be loaded!!!! Just imagine drafting 2 DT maybe next year that's better then Star and Kk but we have the money to sign then when it's time too and still have Star and Kk under contract for years to go.. That would be a ridiculous rotation up the middle none-stop all game" who could run against that!!!! Our linebacker ' are set for years already....

Luke is the best MLB in the league and deserves a contract that sets the market for all inside linebackers.

Prediction: 6 year/$72M contract, a 25% increase over the currently top paid inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons (averaging $9.5M/year)

I'm fine with Keuchly getting 12M a year over 6 years, especially when you consider how the salary cap is rising every year.

Archived