• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Patriots trade Seymour to Raiders

dimbee

Anyone seen the Raiders message boards? Half of them are convinced this makes them a playoff team. They refuse to acknowledge that they likely gave away a 1st round pick for a 1 year rental. They also don't appear to be able to understand that Seymour may not be real happy being traded from the Patriots to the Raiders. I'd like someone to put me out of my misery If I ever become this delusional please.

Why would NE trade him? I thought he was one of the better 3-4 DEs in the business, would be a pretty darn good pass rushing DT as well...

I'd read talk that they wanted to part ways with Seymour a while back. Nobody bought it at the time, but now, here ya go.

Not sure I'd have given a first rounder for him at this point, but it's the Raiders :rolleyes:

And given that it's the Raiders, it'll likely be a high first rounder.

Seymour will play for the Black and Silver:

"There are a lot of different emotions," Seymour told Borges. "Football was not my main concern at that point."

The trade was a major shock to Seymour's family system. Deciding how his his wife, four children and a 15-year-old cousin to whom he is guardian would proceed seems to have been a major factor in delaying his arrival in Oakland.

"When you get blindsided, you should take a moment to gather your thoughts," Seymour said. "I have a lot of personal issues more pressing than football."

Seymour acknowledged negotiations about his future with the Raiders have taken place but said he "didn't demand anything to go there."

"I've had discussions with the Raiders ... I'm excited and happy with the way they're looking at me," he said.

He said he plans on playing Monday night against the Chargers and added that, "I'll be the guy on top of the quarterback."

Archived