• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Tweets - Tuesday August 11

KB_fan

OK, here are the tweets re: Coach Rivera's comments post-practice - these all from David Newton:

David Newton @DNewtonespn 16m16 minutes ago

#Panthers Ron Rivera says didn't put the kibosh on trash talking today. Was quiet though.

#Panthers Rivera says as far as he was concerned the fight is over.

#Panthers Rivera said it was nice to see Shaq Thompson on the field.

#Panthers Rivera liked some of the things the offense did on 2 minute drill.

#Panthers Rivera says No.-2 receiver likely will be handled by committee even though Corey Brown listed there.

#Panthers Rivera says next two days will be about getting ready for Buffalo.

Best thing about playing Buffalo? #Panthers Rivera says players not getting mad at each other.

#Panthers Rivera says Josh Norman leaving practice field last always has been typical.

And a few of the other reporters' tweets re: Rivera comments:

#PanthersCamp @Panthers 19m19 minutes ago

.@RiverboatRonHC on yesterday's fight: “As far as I’m concerned, the situation’s over.” #PanthersCamp

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 18m18 minutes ago

Ron had clearly moved on from the fight

#PanthersCamp @Panthers 15m15 minutes ago

Rivera liked what he saw out of rookie linebacker @ShaqThompson_7 in practice today. #PanthersCamp

Joe Person @josephperson 14m14 minutes ago

Rivera says second wideout likely will be handled by committee, even though Corey Brown is listed there.

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview 15m15 minutes ago

Rivera: Daryl Williams “has looked promising” in brief looks he’s gotten at LT.

Joe Person @josephperson 14m14 minutes ago

Josh Norman the last guy on the practice field, still doing drills. Catching balls from his back.

Steve Reed @SteveReedAP 2m2 minutes ago

Cam Newton says the fight was "just football. ... I see guys challenging each other and getting better."

Joe Person @josephperson 2m2 minutes ago

Cam:"It's football....Emotions are going to flare...From the outside looking in, you might see a scuffle. But there's more to it than that."

Bryan Strickland @PanthersBryan 2m2 minutes ago

"It's football. Emotions are going to flare," QB Cam Newton says about skirmish with Josh Norman yesterday.

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 2m2 minutes ago

Newton: From the outside looking in its a scuffle. I see more. It's two guys getting it in. It's practice.

Max Henson @PanthersMax 2m2 minutes ago

Cam Newton: "I see guys that are challenging each other. Tempers are going to flare. I practice hard each and every day. I have no regrets."

Cam Newton: It's football. Let's not get it twisted. Emotions are going to flare

Joe Person @josephperson 3m3 minutes ago

Cam: "What's the blueprint of a franchise quarterback? Leading your team. I'm not going to have anyone dictate how I play."

Newton: This is the closest team I've been on. I take a family approach. Do you fight with family? everyone in this room has

Cam: "At the end of the day we're better from it. There's no hard feelings btwn anyone in the locker room, including Josh."

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview 3m3 minutes ago

“I have no regrets for what I’ve done … There’s no hard feelings between no one in the locker room, including myself and Josh.” - Newton

Steve Reed @SteveReedAP 4m4 minutes ago

Cam Newton: "We're better from it. ... I am bringing the best out of Josh and he's bringing the best out of me."

Bryan Strickland @PanthersBryan 3m3 minutes ago

"Do you fight with family?" Newton asks. He says there's no lingering ill will.

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 3m3 minutes ago

Newton: We are better from it. I'm bringing the best out of Josh and he's bringing the best out of me

Max Henson @PanthersMax 4m4 minutes ago

Newton: "This is probably the closest team I've ever been on in the NFL. Do you fight with family? We are better from it."

Cam Newton said he wasn't worried about getting hurt. "I am what I am. ... I am supposed to lead this team to higher heights."

Bryan Strickland @PanthersBryan 4m4 minutes ago

"It's that concern every day when I get out of bed," Newton says of injury fear. As he said last week, he doesn't want to live life in fear.

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview 4m4 minutes ago

Newton: “I think we’re making a big deal about nothing.”

Steve Reed @SteveReedAP 5m5 minutes ago

Cam Newton: "We are making a big deal out of nothing. There's no need for me to tell you what happened. We are better because of it."

Bryan Strickland @PanthersBryan 5m5 minutes ago

Newton: "We are making a big deal out of nothing."

Jeremy Igo @CarolinaHuddle 5m5 minutes ago

We are better because of it. - Cam Newton

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 4m4 minutes ago

Newton: Yesterday was a step toward greatness. As was today

Cam Newton: "There are no hard feelings between anyone in the locker room, including Josh."

Cam Newton: "You have never seen a guy in a red jersey like me. I'm not here for that. I'm for the guys (on my team)."

Joe Person @josephperson 4m4 minutes ago

Cam:"You've never seen a guy in a red jersey like me. I'm not going to perform the way you want me to. I'm here for those guys in (l. room)"

Cam Newton: "I'm all about getting the respect from the guys.... They know they have a guy who will lead them to victory."

Cam Newton clearly has no regrets about going after Josh Norman on Monday.

Cam taking a positive look on the situation. Says it's a good thing, etc.

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview 3m3 minutes ago

Asked Cam if he understands it’s a story b/c we don’t see guys in red jerseys scrap. Him: “You’ve never seen a guy in a red jersey like me”

Newton: You've never seen a guy in a red jersey like me. You can't shape me like how you guys want me to be. You can't.

Jeremy Igo @CarolinaHuddle 3m3 minutes ago

Cam Newton - Number 24 has become better and better each and every year.

Cam on Norman: I've seen a guy who's got better each and every year. And I feel like this is going to be his best year yet.

Jeremy Igo @CarolinaHuddle 3m3 minutes ago

Cam Newton just dispelled the rumor that he doesn't like Josh Norman.

first time all camp long that ive heard anything out of the guy. i was beginning to think he had been cut or something.

Yeah, it's been a quiet camp for him, but I think he featured in one or two of those videos one on one against CAP where CAP looked pretty bad. (Jeremy posted them recently - Sunday maybe?)

Archived