• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This game shows how we'll play this season

Mark S

I really think this game serves as a true outlook for how this team will play this upcoming year. 

**************I know it's just Preseason**************

A tough O-Line opening up lanes for RBs will be most of our offense this season. Which is certainly not a bad thing. 

You're probably thinking "Well duh, with our receiving corp looks now, what else are we gonna do?". Well this game proves that running the ball won't be a weakness for the team, but rather a major strength for the offense. Which means all hope is not lost :)

Of course this makes a case for guys like Lee Ward and Brandon Wegher who have done nothing but improve their stock this preseason. 

With the way some WRs performed today, it's hard to believe the Panthers won't go forward really enhancing the run-first attitude they are so known for. 

Go Panthers

And did anyone else notice we continue to run that play where Cotchery comes in motion and lines up in the backfield behind Cam and the RB. Does that accomplish anything? I'm literally asking because it seems to me like that creates an advantage for the defense, especially since we always run it up the middle. It gets stuffed immediately... Any insight would be amazing.

The only thing that concerns me is, we haven't established the run against a first team defense in either game so far. That can be fixed, but we need better utilization of personel. 

Yeah I'd really like to see Wegher and Ward with the 1's

More concerning is our first team D looked like poo tonight, LB's were getting killed with the underneath stuff all night, particularly TD on the touchdown play, that mainly due to no pass rush.  Of course, Norman is all talk and little substance (his jock still on the field after that one juke play)  and Harper plays safety riding on a Hoveround.

The only thing that concerns me is, we haven't established the run against a first team defense in either game so far. That can be fixed, but we need better utilization of personel. 

Our first team is obviously half assing during the preseason where as other teams are treating it like the regular season

More concerning is our first team D looked like poo tonight, LB's were getting killed with the underneath stuff all night, particularly TD on the touchdown play, that mainly due to no pass rush.  Of course, Norman is all talk and little substance (his jock still on the field after that one juke play)  and Harper plays safety riding on a Hoveround.

Lotta starters out tonight. I wouldn't worry too much about that. 

I'm sorry, but frankly the only thing that matters in these pre season games is the first two qtrs when it's the ones vs the ones and I hate to be "that guy" but we are in big trouble this season.

Our 1st team O line still looked horrible opening up running lanes and our 1st team RBs didn't do squat. Now the good news is our pass protection looked downright masterful, this O line is built to pass protect and if we stand any chance, it's scaling back the run game big time and make this the Cam/Olsen pass heavy show.

Other than Shaq looking brilliant tonight we looked awful. Our special teams looked atrocious, Tannehill shredded us like he was Joe Montana. Our red zone D looked promising until that boneheaded hold by Harper, which leads me to the next issue..

Discipline, we have none. I'm sorry, but I'm keeping it real as I can and while I'm not ready to necessarily say we are a 4-12/5-11 caliber team, I am willing to say it won't necessarily shock me if that's our record.

Archived