• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about a little love for Pep?

unicar15

How much game film do I need to send you that you haven't seen already?

It's easy to peg one player for a team faltering. Great players often get that responsibility. I'll give you one season, sick or not, but to say that he hasn't proven his worth is disagreeing with any opposing OL we face.

Warranty and outsized expectations are two seperate things.

But, if we are to go down that road, does he get any credit for years like 2004 when he threw the team on his back and they still couldn't do enough to win (think Denver and the second game against Atlanta)?

How about 2006, when he again was a manimal (the game against Baltimore was one of the most unbelivably complete performance by a DE I've ever seen) and Jake's injury and other factors kept him out of the playoffs?

No, I guess not.

Not getting hostile. Just trying to understand your point of view.

Either way, in season, I think it should about the team not about the player. Whats done is done contract wise. He has at least 16 games to prove the coaching staff right and I hope he does.

What part of "half assed" do you not understand? He has done it his whole career.

B-ball, and in NFL. People with his skills, and ability would have taken the NFL by storm, yet he has remained an "average", one of the "better ones" when it comes to comparison with other DE's in the league.

He should dominate, and he doesn't. He doesn't have the heart, or will to do that, and why you people can't see it is beyond me.

The truth...is the truth my friend. :cheers2:

What part of "half assed" do you not understand? He has done it his whole career.

B-ball, and in NFL. People with his skills, and ability would have taken the NFL by storm, yet he has remained an "average", one of the "better ones" when it comes to comparison with other DE's in the league.

He should dominate, and he doesn't. He doesn't have the heart, or will to do that, and why you people can't see it is beyond me.

See again with the "truth" poo. You don't kow the truth at all because you only choose what you want to see and refuse to see anything else that goes against your bias.

Nevermind, I'm at the right place.

Warranty and outsized expectations are two seperate things.

But, if we are to go down that road, does he get any credit for years like 2004 when he threw the team on his back and they still couldn't do enough to win (think Denver and the second game against Atlanta)?

How about 2006, when he again was a manimal (the game against Baltimore was one of the most unbelivably complete performance by a DE I've ever seen) and Jake's injury and other factors kept him out of the playoffs?

No, I guess not.

You mentioned "warranty"...not me, so take that discussion up elsewhere.

So you give me 2 games he played lights out as a reason?? GTFOH!

Give me your address, and I'll mail you DVD's of recorded games where he looks like he is dancing with the stars.

So because he has such great athletic ability no one should ever stand a chance against him? He has a remarkable career in the NFL, one that is peaking now and has a chance at the HOF if he keeps it going at this rate.

Ask any team who they gameplan for and they will immediately spit out his name.

Opinions are opinions also my friend. So lets keep the internet tough guy image to a minimum and discuss things like civil adults. Sound good?

Opinions are opinions also my friend. So lets keep the internet tough guy image to a minimum and discuss things like civil adults. Sound good?

Didn't mean to come across that way, but I'm just sick and tired of all the excuses people make for him..

All is good, and thanks for the pointer. :cheers2:

You mentioned "warranty"...not me, so take that discussion up elsewhere.

So you give me 2 games he played lights out as a reason?? GTFOH!

Give me your address, and I'll mail you DVD's of recorded games where he looks like he is dancing with the stars.

1. Warranty was your metaphor originally, not mine.

2. I mentioned 2 seasons with three games as concrete examples.

3. Send me your address and I'll show you where every DE in history looks like he's dancing with the stars.

Archived