• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honoring the Troops

RoaringRiot

The Carolina Panthers Organization has never been paid one red cent for the honoring of any veteran ever! The report is out and I was proud to brag to my friends that our organization was not on that list.

As a current military member, I'm honored that they do this and spent $200 on the team shop website on Salute to Service gear.

Im also looking for 2 tickets to this game. Prefer lower bowl but at this point I'll take what I can get. Also, not looking for a handout, I'm ready and willing to pay my way as I always have and always will.

Proud of everything this organization stands for and represents.

#KeepPounding

22 minutes ago, GhostP. said:

Fixed it for you

Thanks. Last guy we knew from Cherry Point was a sailor that was a radar tech for the A-6s in the late '70s. Never met a Marine posted there and since we were Air Force......honest mistake

31 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

No....there's a difference between the Panthers honoring the families of the military and the military using football for recognition/recruiting. This is the former....

Are u still trying to get rid of those tickets brother?

1 hour ago, O-Ther said:

North Carolina is one of only a handful of states in the union to have an installation of every branch of the Defense Dept.

Air Force=Seymour Johnson and Pope Air Force Bases

Just fiy, Pope is no longer an Air Force base.  When the 23rd fighter group (A10) left for Moody AFB in GA and the 43rd went away and what C130s were good went to Little Rock but most went to the boneyard.  A reserve squadron of C130s moved in and Pope became a part of Ft Bragg and is now known as Pope Army Air Field.

I was stationed at Pope for 7 years until it was realigned.

8 minutes ago, Ncpantherfan71 said:

Just fiy, Pope is no longer an Air Force base.  When the 23rd fighter group (A10) left for Moody AFB in GA and the 43rd went away and what C130s were good went to Little Rock but most went to the boneyard.  A reserve squadron of C130s moved in and Pope became a part of Ft Bragg and is now known as Pope Army Air Field.

I was stationed at Pope for 7 years until it was realigned.

Just going on when I was last stationed in NC in the late '70s to early '80s. Thanks.

1 hour ago, O-Ther said:

Just going on when I was last stationed in NC in the late '70s to early '80s. Thanks.

No problem.  Many people dont realize Pope pretty much went away in 07-08.  Its a shame how the Air Force facilities have degraded over the last few years.  When i retired and moved back it was almost unrecognizable.  I grew up here in NC, and I never thought Pope would actually be realigned.  They were a big part of training the Airborne at Ft Bragg.

The Marine Corps belong to the Department of the Navy, so it's all the same.

At the beginning of my career I, along with most other servicemen, was treated like crap, cussed at and was basically a second rate citizen. Throughout the middle of my career we were discouraged from wearing our uniforms anywhere overseas because of a growing sense of hatred among a lot of foreign countries. At the end of my career everyone wanted to hail us all as heroes and I have gotten a few, "Thanks for your service..." appreciations since I retired.

But the reality is we're just people who want to enjoy life like everyone else and we simply chose a different profession along the way.  

Archived