• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With all the talk about Jake. What about our Oline!!!

Snake

I agree... for how bad Delhome was today the Oline was even worse.

Somebody posted about why not more screens?? I agree, the sad thing is on that Jake fumble he looked left to DWill, looking like it was a screen play but for some reason didnt toss it to him - then wham he was wacked by about 4 Eagle players.

I blame the two Smitty pics completely on him. Protection was garbage today but he shouldn't have to have perfect protection all game to play well. He looked the same as he always does, oh and he completely ignores our TE's usual.

Play calling also sucked we should have ran more screens and tried other things. Goodson needs to be involved in this offense. We ran the ball every first down, it was nearly the same crap every drive. And Delhomme should be making calls at the line.

I blame the two Smitty pics completely on him. Protection was garbage today but he shouldn't have to have perfect protection all game to play well. He looked the same as he always does, oh and he completely ignores our TE's usual.

Play calling also sucked we should have ran more screens and tried other things. Goodson needs to be involved in this offense. We ran the ball every first down, it was nearly the same crap every drive. And Delhomme should be making calls at the line.

The same Goodson that cant hold on to the ball yet, and who is not anymore talented than Williams or Stewart who can hold on to the ball?

The o-line actually played a hell of a game. The problem wasn't with the line but with the pick up blocks i.e. King, Hoover and yes Williams. Williams was horrible today. This is exactly the reason he didn't start when Foster was here. He really struggles when asked to pick up biltzes.

Delhomme was the worst though. Rodney Harrison said on FNA that Delhomme looked like a rookie playing his first game today. I couldn't agree more. He had no idea where the rush was coming from and because of that was unable to audible this to his backfield and TE. Granted, those guys should be picking those biltzes up too but your QB is the one you look to to be able to pick those things up consistantly.

And everyone questioning why they did throw to the screen more, they did. Or at least that option was there almost the entire game. Jake was so rattled that he wasn't staring down his recievers anymore, he was staring down the defender that was going to sack him.

The big complaint that I had with the coaches was that I thought they should have come out with the no-huddle the entire 2nd half. Yes, Delhomme wasn't reading the defense at all but it seemed that when the Panthers went no-huddle at the end of the 1st half the Eagles weren't able to get their calls/personel in or alligned. This essentially made the Eagles defense just play a base type of defense that the offense was able to at least be sucessful agaisnt.

But the o-line IMO played great. Remember they don't play that much zone blocking so whatever play that was called was what they blocked. They need the QB to make the adjustments at the line when they have their head down in a 3-point stance.

What really makes me ill is, when Jake gets sacked or sees a sack coming.....He can't scramble around or do anything to try to counter act this, and he can never hold on to the ball. It is bad enough that he gets sacked but for heavens sake hold on to that ball!!!!I think this may be a long season and if it sucks as it has so far maybe it will be time to do some drastic changes!!!

Some peoples blind hatred for Delhomme will make them say anything. Let me put it this way. How many times did you see 3 or more Eagles in the backfield on plays..... Yea that not a good thing. On top of that the Oline could not even make a single whole for Dwill to run threw. His only TD was because of him not the Oline. Delhomme was Horrible no doubt and he he cause the INTs that where Thrown to Smith but the line didnt help matters because he had not running game nor any time even in the shotgun.

Archived