• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Downside of Being 8-0

Jakob

13 minutes ago, hitman80 said:

I don't think you would've made a good coach for the '72 Dolphins.  I would say that I agree with you, that this is a different league now.  But the '07 Patriots were just one game away.

It's a different league but we're also a different team than any in history. We're gonna go 19-0 every year for as long as DG is alive. They may have to kick us out of the league.

Titans are a game I'm uneasy about.   I would be no matter what our record was .      They've been playing the NFCS extremely well,  and they've had the Panthers' number ever since they moved to Tenn.        Titans are basically the AFC version of the Seahawks for us,  with regards to the losing streak and having a sense of dread.      I really hope we ice them like we did the  Seahawks. 

9 minutes ago, Pox 08 said:

Titans are a game I'm uneasy about.   I would be no matter what our record was .      They've been playing the NFCS extremely well,  and they've had the Panthers' number ever since they moved to Tenn.        Titans are basically the AFC version of the Seahawks for us,  with regards to the losing streak and having a sense of dread.      I really hope we ice them like we did the  Seahawks. 

This is another monkey we need to get off our backs. They've always whooped our a$$, even our SB year in '03. Almost sure only time we beat them is when they were the oilers

The problem with looking at our historical record against an opponent is that you really can't make any assumptions about future behavior based on the past when teams change from year to year. The last time we played Tennessee they were completely different than the team we will face Sunday.  This is about how we man up this year not in the past. I like our chances.

18 hours ago, Meatloaf said:

The real downside is the offseason.  Our coaches and free agents will be getting lots of attention from other teams.  Wouldn't be surprised if both shula and McDermott are gone next year 

Wilks may be better than McD and Ron is the most important guy.  Shula's doing well this year but I think we could certainly get another OC as good or better, and I doubt we lose him anyways.

17 hours ago, panthers55 said:

The problem with looking at our historical record against an opponent is that you really can't make any assumptions about future behavior based on the past when teams change from year to year. The last time we played Tennessee they were completely different than the team we will face Sunday.  This is about how we man up this year not in the past. I like our chances.

I agree.  Also, I think Rivera had never won coming out of a bye?  And Cam had never won in Seattle?  Both of those were broke this year.

The downside of being 8-0.....................ah, no that's not it.......................but, no that's not it either..............well we could be, no.............................HECK! I DON'T KNOW!

Let me worry about something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the ride!  No, it's not going to last forever! 

But we really have to put up with it.  Its never been here before!

ENJOY IT!!!!!  

On 11/13/2015, 5:16:10, PntherPryd said:

the drinking thing I get.... I'm competitive enough to accept a challenge

But the flag dude?  

You have to draw the line here.

The flag still flies my friend, and a bloody mary was waiting for me RIGHT when the clock ran out. Life is good. Hooray for 9-0.

IMG_5039.JPG

Archived