• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revolt and Not Slow Down: an abbreviated history of Panthers vs. Cowboys

PhillyB

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

2007 easily the biggest screw job by refs i could remember in a cowboys game, I hope we murder this team, here's to a repeat of this past Sunday's game Thursday 

i worked at chickfila back then. i remember bribing one of the kitchen crew to stay and double up closing duties to let me out an hour and a half early, clearing out at exactly 830, and hauling ass to old towne draught house in greensboro to catch the game. this was in the middle of so much college bullshit girl drama that i desperately needed a panthers win as an escape from personal existential crisis and emotional damnation.

...and then that poo happened. fug you dallas, this one's personal

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Boo people that quote long ass posts

ignore him, he's a cop from bentonville, nc that occasionally drunkposts flagrantly racist stuff about black people in the tinderbox and remains unbanned only because nobody can decipher his imaginative syntax and nonexistent spelling. he just wrote a butthurt resignation post down there and now he's taking it out on useful peoples' useful threads.

only poster worse than pantherunited imho

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, crushcard1976 said:

We did Beat Them In Playoffs in 2003 plus twice in 1997

for narrative purposes it seemed appropriate to begin it after our last win - which, incidentally, was the year of our superb owl appearance. winning this one would make a very nice bookend to the saga, especially if it culminates in a second superb owl.

Fug the recent history.

If we play a truly critical game against the Cowboys this year it will be in the Playoffs assuming Romo somehow pulls a rabbit out of his arse and Dallas makes the Post Season. 

We are 2-0 lifetime versus the Cowboys in the Playoffs. In fact our victory versus Dallas in the 1996 Playoffs should have forever resulted in an asterix on the eventual Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers' Lombardi. Green Bay had been eliminated 3 straight years in the Playoffs and we cleared the way for them in the '96 Playoffs. Sure Super Bowl Champion Packers, assist to Carolina dammit.

Don't get me wrong, I want to demolish, eliminate, eviscerate and humiliate the Cowboys with my entire Collective Soul (Ooh, not a bad band) but I dismiss the regular season completely. I anticipate this Thursdays' Turkey spectacular to have a Playoff buzz and expect history to repeat itself as it has in past key  Nationally Broadcast matchups. 

Prepare to mop your Turkey dinners off the Living Room floor Cowboy fans as the Panthers Defense pummels Tony Romo into the turf repeatedly until you vomit at the horror you are witnessing. Keep Pounding!

• Pie 2