• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This game was our "loss."

Wundrbread33

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

They got Norman on the outside a couple times for big plays.  They didn't ignore Norman.   Now they didn't pick on him but Brees didn't avoid him.  

i remember one play for like 15-20 yards. and then the coverage mishap. could be wrong but thats all i remember

Lot's of coaching tape from yesterday, good platform for our coaches to get on some guys without taking a loss so I see yesterday as a win/win. 

Cam said it himself, this team needed a wakeup call (which is typical of a team with this record) and they got it yesterday. 

I saw this game as a drill. Thanks to the win, the Panthers passed the drill, but looking back, they don't have to regret how bad it got. They got the opportunity to play from behind which they haven't had in a while, and everybody looked sloppy and made a ton of mistakes. But they cleaned it up in the end and Newton looked like a man possessed by the spirit of Joe Montana to squeeze out a win.

4 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Brees on that fast home turf is insanely hard to stop. Even the best defenses the past 5 years have struggled mightily. They did their best to take out luke and Norman and attack our slot. It worked. 

Sloppy game, but I believe it was an anomaly defensively imo. Add in the fact it was a divisional game and the fact Cam and the offense stepped up was really encouraging.

that special teams tho. I have no idea what they are doing wrong but it needs to be fixed.

I feel like the blocks are on Gano at this point.  The block in this game was by a big ass Defensive Tackle who barely got any lift on his jump.  It's almost like Gano is kicking his FGs with a Kickoff trajectory.  Maybe he struggles with accuracy more when he's trying to get lift on the ball?  Because he hasn't had nearly as much of an issue with accuracy this season, but the blocks (and near blocks) just keep coming.

Our defense actually played pretty solid in the first half, aside from the one TD drive. The second half was rough, but people act like just cause the Saints overall are bad that their offense sucks. They're averaging the 2nd most passing yards and are top 10 in points. Drew Brees is still a good quarterback and when he gets hot it can be extremely difficult to sop him.

5 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

A lot of mistakes that have been happening all season that wins have covered up were really exposed yesterday. Yeah we won, but these are mistakes that aren't getting fixed and will hurt them against playoff teams.

Our special teams unit is brutal. They just gave up a blocked FG in Dallas, it shouldn't happen the very next week. Teddy Williams is honestly good for a penalty every single game and his only job is to play special teams.

Ginn is who he is at this point. As frustrating as those drops are nothing is going to change. He provides the speed this offense was lacking last season, but drops like that in the playoffs could be the difference.

Our pass rush seems to be lacking unless we're bringing more than 4. Which then leaves our secondary exposed. Bene is a liability and is better suited for the slot, I really hope Tillman's knee heels up.

But I do agree, I think that game was good for this team. Lots of stuff they can work on this week and with 4 games left they have some time to fix them before the playoffs. 

Agree with you to a certain extent.  Especially concerning the special teams.  It's especially troubling that it seems like every other week we're allowing someone to come straight up the middle.  I don't see that happening with other teams.  I don't even know what the problem is.  Obviously opposing coaches have seen something there and have exploited whatever it is.  If their coaches can see it and exploit it, why haven't ours seen it and fixed it?  Or is it something that can't be fixed?  Is it a personnel issue?  

As far as Ginn, I think people on here need to realize that even though he drops some of those long passes he catches some of them too.  Of course I'd like him to catch every one of them too.  But just the threat of him being able to go over the top and catch even some of those passes is enough to keep teams honest and open up things elsewhere.

As far as the pass rush I think we've been ok.  You're not going to get there every time but we did get 2 sacks among numerous "pressures".  Brees is just a really good QB, he's going to make plays.

12 minutes ago, Servant of Cthululelei said:

I feel like the blocks are on Gano at this point.  The block in this game was by a big ass Defensive Tackle who barely got any lift on his jump.  It's almost like Gano is kicking his FGs with a Kickoff trajectory.  Maybe he struggles with accuracy more when he's trying to get lift on the ball?  Because he hasn't had nearly as much of an issue with accuracy this season, but the blocks (and near blocks) just keep coming.

I think you might be right.  I can't see any other explanation for it.

Archived