• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This game was our "loss."

Wundrbread33

Let's review the lessons and reality checks (which is a good thing given our streak)

defense - got torched including Norman

ST - another blocked kick which lead to pts

WR/TE- WRs dropped balls and even Olsen fumbled 

RB - Stewart fumbled for 6

QB - Cam learned a valuable lesson about letting up and assuming scoring would be easy

so yeah, we won and just about everyone gets a reality check about playing better/harder 

That is an ideal lesson.  Lessons of a loss in a win

Hope this close call will serve as our loss. It was certainly another 'any given Sunday' deal. The Saints looked like the worst team in the league last week, and like a playoff team yesterday. 

Good opportunity to quote PanthersUnited from a few days ago-

"Division games always tough? I don't buy that myth, if you are the better team then you are just  the better team in or out of the division, (I never bought into that whole tough division matchup line btw) 

No such thing as a "easy win" in the NFL?! Pssh, yes there is, especially if your the Carolina Panthers.. Look at the Cowboys and Redskins games as proof that there are such things as easy wins in the NFL..

Well, this my official 3rd guaranteed win designation of the season (2-0 so far btw when I call  a guaranteed win.)

This is a PUTRID Saints team across all sides of the ball. Frankly they have given up and just going through the motions at this point.. Infact, expect to see DA early in the 4th qtr of this guaranteed win by yours truly.. PU"

A lot of mistakes that have been happening all season that wins have covered up were really exposed yesterday. Yeah we won, but these are mistakes that aren't getting fixed and will hurt them against playoff teams.

Our special teams unit is brutal. They just gave up a blocked FG in Dallas, it shouldn't happen the very next week. Teddy Williams is honestly good for a penalty every single game and his only job is to play special teams.

Ginn is who he is at this point. As frustrating as those drops are nothing is going to change. He provides the speed this offense was lacking last season, but drops like that in the playoffs could be the difference.

Our pass rush seems to be lacking unless we're bringing more than 4. Which then leaves our secondary exposed. Bene is a liability and is better suited for the slot, I really hope Tillman's knee heels up.

But I do agree, I think that game was good for this team. Lots of stuff they can work on this week and with 4 games left they have some time to fix them before the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, csx said:

We have up 350 yards. 35 more than our average and better than half the league averages for the season. If that is us getting torched we are on good shape. 

Our you seriously defending our defensive performance by talking about yards allowed? 

Only one defensive statistic matters, and it sure as hell ain't yards brother.

I get that Jared Allen is a lot better against the run but Ealy needs to get more snaps as he provides more pressure against the pass (he got 12 yesterday). The two offsides don't help but when a guy has him snap count reduced as much as he has he's likely to try and do too much when given a shot.

7 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Our you seriously defending our defensive performance by talking about yards allowed? 

Only one defensive statistic matters, and it sure as hell ain't yards brother.

I'm giving some perspective brother. We gave them 16 points off of mistakes not necessarily due to the defense. The defense prevented another 7 after another of those mistakes. 

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

Let's review the lessons and reality checks (which is a good thing given our streak)

defense - got torched including Norman

ST - another blocked kick which lead to pts

WR/TE- WRs dropped balls and even Olsen fumbled 

RB - Stewart fumbled for 6

QB - Cam learned a valuable lesson about letting up and assuming scoring would be easy

so yeah, we won and just about everyone gets a reality check about playing better/harder 

That is an ideal lesson.  Lessons of a loss in a win

Agree with most everything but I don't think Cam let up per se - he looked like he flat out didn't see that LB. Either way though, there was a 'reminder served' on the play.

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Agree with most everything but I don't think Cam let up per se - he looked like he flat out didn't see that LB. Either way though, there was a 'reminder served' on the play.

In his press conference he said his father was going to get on him for not finishing. I'd say that means he thinks he let up.

I agree.  And it bothered me to see Rivera so happy after the game.  We sucked.

Let me say this--This WAS a trap game.  We played 3 games in 12 days with the last one being on national TV.  The last 2 games we played were blowouts and NE lost, leaving the Panthers as the only one in the undefeated lime light.   To make it worse, just before the game, we learn that we clinched the South.  We were playing a team in their house with nothing to lose, a team who just fired their DC.  We had no idea what the D might do--

Grab a cook book and look up "Trap Casserole"---same ingredients.

Archived