• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oddest thing...

Samuel L. Jackson

Normally, at this time after such a bad loss, I am still steaming over it... I end up staying away from any and everything to do with football until at least Friday...

Well, for some reason, this isn't the case after this one... I don't know if it's my eternal optimism, the fact that it was the first game, or just an overall knowledge of how talented our team is... Hell, it may very well be a combination of both...

That said, I had this dream last night... Honestly... It's rare that I dream about the Panthers...

It was the 4th quarter of the Falcons game and we were destroying them... All the talk was how about Jake had gone through a complete turnaround and maybe had returned to his best form in a while... I remember that he had thrown for over 250 yards and 3 touchdowns with no interceptions... Also, our run game completely dominated... The score was like 38 - 13...

I would love for this to happen... What better way for Jake to rebound from his past 2 performances than to totally shred someone we aren't supposed to shred...

Unfortunately, I woke up and realized it was all just a dream... But, maybe it will work out like that... for the sake of Jake, and the Panthers as a whole...

I think many of us are still optimistic because even though Jake's had games like Arizona and Philadelphia before, rarely does he have them consecutively. Maybe this game will serve as a wakeup call not just for Jake, but for the offensive line and for the coaches.

I put a lot of blame on the offensive line, but the more I think about, the less happy I am with our offensive gameplan. Our coaches know Jake's strengths and weaknesses and should be able to put him in a position to succeed. You know the Eagles like to blitz, so why not prepare by having Jake throw screens and quick outs? I watched a lot of football this weekend (and both games last night), and just about every quarterback (including Jamarcus Russell) tossed the ball to a back when the blitz came, often for a good chunk of yardage. We are a run team, and this is an extension of our running game. Just like the running game, it will keep defenses honest and open up the play-action pass later on. We can't just keep tossing it up to Smith and hoping it works, no matter how many times it's worked in the past.

Hidden

I had this nightmare that we were playing the eagles, a team we have a history with. We got up early by marching straight down the field with our running game. Then all hell broke lose....Jake lost a fumble that was returned for a TD, and then he proceeded to throw 4 more INTs. We went through the entire depth chart, and all our QB's sucked balls. We ended up getting embarrassed at home 38-10.

Oh wait, that wasnt a nightmare.....

Archived