• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I would rather play Seattle than Green Bay

Ruff

As much as I hate Aaron Rodgers, he is far more of a legitimate threat as a QB than RW. Sure, RW can run around and heave the ball, but Rodgers is athletic as well, and makes incredibly difficult passes look mundane. 

Thinking back to our game against GB, it's scary how close we were to just giving that game up because Rodgers has the capability to get hot and come surging back. 

7 minutes ago, Ruff said:

As much as I hate Aaron Rodgers, he is far more of a legitimate threat as a QB than RW. Sure, RW can run around and heave the ball, but Rodgers is athletic as well, and makes incredibly difficult passes look mundane. 

Thinking back to our game against GB, it's scary how close we were to just giving that game up because Rodgers has the capability to get hot and come surging back. 

I agree. Even if the pack had an ugly win, I'd still want to play Seattle

3 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

Playing Washington makes you look like an all star

This isn't even taking into account tonight's game. You have to go back no further than our game with them earlier this season to see what Rodgers can do when he's a) motivated enough to win and/or b) he gets on an insane hot streak. 

I would rather play a QB who is lucky, like Wilson, because luck runs out. I would not rather play a QB who is elite, because he's going to elite. 

Wilson is a good QB, don't undersell him.  He didn't have a good day today but did you see that play today where the ball was launched 15 yards behind him and he picked it up and made a play?  He make's plays.  So does Rodgers, I don't think anyone disputes that but I do think Seattle is better than Green Bay.  I think Arizona and Seattle are both dangerous for different reasons.  

Arizona has the best odds of winning the Super Bowl right now but that mostly has more to do with the fact that we have to beat Seattle (or they would have to beat us) and THEN beat Arizona to get to the Superbowl.  Best teams in the NFC right now IMO:

1. Panthers

2a. Arizona

2b. Seattle

4.  Green Bay

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If the goal is to win the Super Bowl, we're going to have to play against some tough quarterbacks eventually.

Either this game, or the next. No way around it.

Obviously. But if the question is one or the other, as in this case it is, you obviously have a choice. 

2 minutes ago, Ruff said:

Obviously. But if the question is one or the other, as in this case it is, you obviously have a choice. 

Wilson is pretty close to being just as dangerous of a passer as Rodgers in the playoffs.

Just when you thought he was going to take a huge loss on that fumble due to a bad snap from the center, he picks it up, and lobs a pass for a touchdown. Call it a fluke, luck, whatever you want, but those are the types of plays that propel teams forward in the postseason. When you add in the familiarity the Seahawks have in matching up with the Panthers, I don't think the gap between Wilson, and Rodgers is as big as you are implying in the OP. Just my opinion.

Archived