• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody listening to Darin Gantt on WFNZ?

Sam Mills Fan

We are STUCK WITH JAKE

Exactly. The worst thing we can do as fans is to trample his confidence even more by booing him every second. We HAVE to support him if we want to win games this season. If people persist in booing then they have to realise they are being counter productive and probably making the team implode.

If this is the first year of the Fox era that we end up with a good draft pick only to see it go to the Niners I will freakin murder someone.

Maybe they can re-draft Crabtree ;)

As Zod said...

I have a close friend that works in PR for an NFL team. He is a rep for one of the guys people talk the must crap about on this forum. A certain journalist decided to write a story about this player a few weeks ago and took a low blow at the organization in his article. This guy will never receive media credentials for this team again. Ever. And by the close of business on the following day, the PR staff made sure that every other PR staff in the NFL knew of the incident. As a result of one stupid comment, this guy's career with regards to NFL reporting is over. It's just how it works.

because he wants to be allowed back into the stadium?

So the Charlotte Observer then allows him to write an article scathing the FO for their scrubbing of the print media. Turn it back on them...that's what the media is good at.

Is this how you maintain your connections? Blowing the FO for access?

Yeah it sucks. The other journalists do criticize the organization at times. And yet they never get any scoop in return. On the other hand, you have Darin Gantt who basically serves as Marty Hurney's cuckolded boyfriend and will never criticize the organization EVER and they give him some scraps in exchange for being a good little boy.

So the Charlotte Observer then allows him to write an article scathing the FO for their scrubbing of the print media. Turn it back on them...that's what the media is good at.

Is this how you maintain your connections? Blowing the FO for access?

Easy to say when it's not your job and reputation on the line. Some people need to actually put themselves in others shoes before writting. The internet is a great place to pretend to be tough, but the problem is, taking that attitude into the real world is going to land you in a heap of trouble.

You guys still don't get it do you?

The Panthers control what is said and written about them. There is no free press when it comes to them. Cross a line, and you will find yourself not having access any longer. Its their right, its a private company and are not legally obligated to allow any access at all to their people. The ultimate goal of the Panthers and the NFL is to have exclusive television and web content with no one else covering it. Things are heading that direction, and will only get worse. Any sense of community is being generally phased out season after season.

this is very true.

they make it as hard as they can to be a fan of them sometimes

the public image is more important than winning football games there and Darin Gantt is just one of the puppets in town.

Plus DG is a whiney little baby. I turned it off as soon I switched on my car and heard him calling the views of a caller (who was absolutely right about the lack of planning for the future and the making of desperate moves by hot seat mgmnt.) "myopic" and talking about the "last 7 years".

we are in for a ride, we'll just never know about it.

Easy to say when it's not your job and reputation on the line. Some people need to actually put themselves in others shoes before writting. The internet is a great place to pretend to be tough, but the problem is, taking that attitude into the real world is going to land you in a heap of trouble.

You then aren't a journalist...you're a proxy PR person.

I mean seriously, Gantt is dissapointing me. Im starting to think I was initially right about my interpretation of his "lunatic fringe" comment a while back. After we signed Feeley, he thought Feeley would be ahead of Moore, and now he's promoting Fox/Delhomme and slamming Moore. I think he's the one that's the lunatic right now.

Gantt might be slamming Moore because he is reflecting the FO's feelings about him..that he is only a third option and nothing else.

Yes, Dallas hated to lose him. Yes he played well in his three starts. But remember the following summer at TC when so many players were asked about his progress and all of them preferred to talk about how underrated Brett Basanez was instead and to keep an eye on him and not Moore. We've never seen much from Moore ever since both on the field or praise from anyone in the organization.

Maybe, just maybe, he really isn't that great.

Archived