• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's make the list of players Fox shouldn't have depended on

Fiz

yes this is an indictment of moose because...um...uh

g5jamz your opinion is wrong and you're incapable of defending it.

Moose doesn't draw double coverage...why bother. So comparing Moose to Smith is apples/oranges and just dumb.

I'm not here to convince you. This isn't a debate society. This is a forum. I could care less what your opinion is...but it's not going to stop me from expressing mine. I mentioned Hankton and Morgan as well...go ahead and critique those choices. Depending on, IMO, means you're performing at the level to warrant a roster spot and the money you're making in addition to being irreplaceable. So even a person like Pep...despite his freakish abilities and talents is replaceable when you factor the money he makes. Definately Jake. Morgan fit that criteria. And as for Moose...WRs can be had a dime a dozen if you have the right system. In this preseason and the Eagles game, I've not seen any glaring proof that Moose cannot be replaced taking the future into consideration. As I said...I hate saying it because he's awesome in the lockerroom...run blocks awesome...but you have to look ahead and give the young talents a chance...or cut your losses and move on. Either show a tilt towards the future of this team...or don't. You choose.

Moose doesn't draw double coverage...why bother. So comparing Moose to Smith is apples/oranges and just dumb.

so moose's bad numbers are reason to bench him, while smith's worse numbers aren't because he's double covered.

and your cure for this is to replace moose with a guy who wouldn't be covered at all?

I'm not here to convince you. This isn't a debate society. This is a forum.

boy it must be nice to believe your opinions are valid if you can't defend them. I understand your political views now.

I could care less what your opinion is...

what you're trying to say here is you "couldn't" care less. Saying you could insinuates that you do care, which I don't think is what you're trying to go for, but really who knows with a lunatic like you.

but it's not going to stop me from expressing mine.

it's apparently stopped you from defending it, though.

I mentioned Hankton and Morgan as well...go ahead and critique those choices.

why would I?

Depending on, IMO, means you're performing at the level to warrant a roster spot and the money you're making in addition to being irreplaceable.

muhsin muhammad had 935 yards last year and 65 receptions in the offense that passed the least in the entire league.

this doesn't warrant a roster spot? if it's all steve smith pulling coverage, then shouldn't keyshawn johnson, keary colbert, drew carter have put up similar numbers?

also, do you really feel that muhsin muhammad is worth less than the 1.5 million dollars he's making in 2009?

WRs can be had a dime a dozen if you have the right system.

as evidenced by the panthers history after moose!

In this preseason and the Eagles game, I've not seen any glaring proof that Moose cannot be replaced taking the future into consideration.

which wide receiver on the roster or on waivers do you really think would replicate what moose did last year.

furthermore, what have you seen in the preseason which indicates he's incapable of repeating his performance from last year

but you have to look ahead and give the young talents a chance...or cut your losses and move on.

if you honestly think moose showed nothing in the preseason then good god what do you think of jarrett.

Either show a tilt towards the future of this team...or don't. You choose.

the future of this team does not hinge on the age of their number 2 receiver, especially when there is no one on the roster that can perform to his level, unless you think dwayne jarrett can magically turn it on if only he were to be the flanker.

I didn't say bench Moose...but I wouldn't have Jarrett be inactive. Either play him or trade him. Get what you can while you can. Or just risk watching yet another young player sit behind someone...getting zero real playing time and expecting him to just magically get in John Fox's good will or enough people get hurt he has no choice BUT to play the guy.

I never said Jarrett was better than Moose....did I.

yeah moose you almost had 1,000 yards last year in the offense that passed the least amount in the entire league but you know what this one game where the starting quarterback threw four picks just speaks volumes to me.

sorry old man, the panthers should start dwayne jarret over you.

now pass me the glue, im hungry

Fiz, Fiz, Fiz.

Any idiot knows you sniff glue, not eat it.

Sniffing+Glue.jpg

and the beauty of this thread, it's the very essence, the core of what truly separates great teams from pretenders.

Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, Titans and to some degree the Ravens for the most part don't hang on to guys longer than they should.

They never reach in the draft because they don't do the stupid, moronic, idiotic, jackass move of drafting Best Player Available.

The simply get a younger and cheaper version of the person they let go.

Not quite true. If we all followed other teams as closely as we do the Panthers, we could just as easily make a list for any of them. Some would be longer, others shorter, but none of them would be empty.

Have John Fox and Marty Hurney made mistakes with players? Plenty.

But let's not go the route of thinking other teams - even the best of them - don't make just as many.

Dan Morgan - Too injury prone

Evan Mathis - At some point you have to realize that talent is necessary to play at this level

How about coaches?

Tony Softli - He still thinks Shelton can play in this league

Danny Crossman - Where do we begin?

Jeff Davidson - Still bringing the goodness of the 2006 Browns' offensive attack to Carolina!

Can someone please explain to me why this issue is a Fox problem? At the very least it is a Fox and Hurney problem and I don't even buy that. A GM is the person who assembles the team and has a big role in deciding who to cut during the preseason and all contol of cutting player after the season.

I also find it funny how some of the same people will complain that Fox hasn't been able to use the great talent on the team the way he should but then also say that he keeps players passed the point that their talent is usable.

And as far as players staying past their time, I really cannot think of one situation where I felt that a younger, more talented player was kept on the bench in favor of a vet. And don't try to bring up Foster/Williams. If Williams was able to pick up the blocking assignments he would have started but couldn't and he admitted to this.

Archived