• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith

Dpantherman

how many of you actually think that he is willing to but up with this crap any longer. he is dropping hints, and dropped a few last sunday. Anyone else notice that he didnt speak to jake the entire game? or that he sat on the defensive bench? and after the game he said "Fortunately I don't have to have that responsibility. I don't want to comment on something that's outside my pay grade." Smitty usually says what's on his mind. This time, actions spoke louder than words.

He also said that Jake needs something more than a teammate and that his relationship with Jake goes beyond that of a teammate. He said that he lost focus during the game and that he should shoulder some of the blame.

this must have been said since sunday, because what i quoted was what he said right after the game.

He certainly looked defeated after the interception from the bomb Jake threw him. He's firmly planted in Charlotte though. He's made mention to the fact how he loves coaching his son's soccer team, how they took trips this summer to Europe to watch soccer, how he's matured now and more mellow. All that means to me is that if we pay him, he won't go all diva and demand a trade. He gets along great with Jake but wouldn't argue if someone better came in I'm sure. I think he'll retire a Panther...but dear Lord I can only imagine what he would be like if Brady or Manning were his QB...wow.

He certainly looked defeated after the interception from the bomb Jake threw him. He's firmly planted in Charlotte though. He's made mention to the fact how he loves coaching his son's soccer team, how they took trips this summer to Europe to watch soccer, how he's matured now and more mellow. All that means to me is that if we pay him, he won't go all diva and demand a trade. He gets along great with Jake but wouldn't argue if someone better came in I'm sure. I think he'll retire a Panther...but dear Lord I can only imagine what he would be like if Brady or Manning were his QB...wow.

He looked pretty exasperated to me, there's no quit in Smitty.

Honestly, why are we feeling sorry for him. He played pretty poorly and on two of the interceptions on passes targeting him, he tipped one right into the defender's hand and on the third one didn't even make a legitimate attempt to knock the pass down. He has blame in this as well and he admitted it. This was a team loss and no one should be throwing stones here. Smitty isn't going anywhere and trade conversations are just plain stupid.

Honestly, why are we feeling sorry for him. He played pretty poorly and on two of the interceptions on passes targeting him, he tipped one right into the defender's hand and on the third one didn't even make a legitimate attempt to knock the pass down. He has blame in this as well and he admitted it. This was a team loss and no one should be throwing stones here. Smitty isn't going anywhere and trade conversations are just plain stupid.

Many feel sorry for him, because he's a Hall of Fame talent who will probably not make it to the HOF because of a not so talented qb.

this must have been said since sunday, because what i quoted was what he said right after the game.
he actually said all of that after the game.

people look at and hear only what they want to. you or reporters only want to hear that everyone, including smitty is bailing on delhomme then that is what you are going to find.

Archived