• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Contain Cam, Make Him Throw, Double Olsen" - Or How Opposing Fans Still Get the Panthers Offense Wrong

fieryprophet

1. Stop the run and we stop Cam. Shut the zone read and run game OUT!
2. I would send 5 at cam nearly all game, leave a 6th (trev/marshall) as a spy.
- our corners can easily match up with their guys. Talib should own olsen, harris on tedd gin, roby and webster can clean up the funchess and the trash.

3. like the packers game practice covering the wr longer than normal. cam will extend plays and make throws. We need to make sure we do not uncover.
4. Their defense looks awesome. I dont know how to attack it. For now I think screens to the RB and quick slants should negate their DL. I am not as concerned about their backend as I am their front 7.
5. We need to get them tired and moving. A lot of quick plays, quick passes to gas them so we can get the run going.
6. No turnover on offense for us.
7. Need to capitalize on the picks that cam will surely throw us.

Thanks Orangemane, I needed some laughs today at work :)

Something to add in regards to this particular match up. In the AFCCG, Denver made it a point to try to shut down Gronk. He has always had huge numbers against them, and they've never had an answer for him. So on Sunday, they tried to double him a lot, and even triple him on occasion. Gronk went off for 144 yards and a clutch TD at the end despite all the attention, and despite the fact that Brady was under constant pressure. 

Now Olsen may not be quite as good as Gronk, but he's been playing incredibly well this season and is definitely among the best TEs in the league. Covering TEs has been a problem for Denver all season long. With that in mind, and knowing that Cam will have more time to throw, Olsen should have a big game, and there will be little Denver's defense can do about it, because that has been one of their weaknesses all season long.

Archived