• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Green Scouts Inc on Delhomme

scpanther22

I don't think this was all of the sudden like a lot of people think," Green said. "Look back to last year, even before the playoff game with Arizona. He had a couple of pretty bad games and that Oakland game really sticks out."

So even if Delhomme's slump isn't that sudden, why is it happening?

"This was always a guy that was a very good game manager," Green said. "He wasn't ever going to beat you with his physical skills, and now his physical skills are deteriorating. He's not even managing the game well now. It's like the game is going too fast for him. You can see he's not comfortable in the pocket and he's not making good decisions. He's struggling with his confidence."

"Matt Moore is a smart guy and he has spent some time in their offense," Green said. "But if you go back to what he did in college, you'll see that he has trouble with pressure and isn't a good decision maker. He might be able to come in and give them a good game or two, but he's not a long-term answer. He's a career No. 3 quarterback."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/2889/scouting-panthers-qb-situation

He has played

He hasn't gotten better.

Not to mention, there is this little thing most fans tend to forget about, called "practice"

Practice man..were talking about practice..

Really? When was this?? I don't remember him playing any meaningful football since 2007, and over the 3 game stretch that he did play, he improved over all 3 of them.

Does this guy know that how long it's been since Matt Moore played in College? Does he understand the concept of improvement, getting better, practice, etc...

I do agree with his assessment of Jake, however. Reluctantly, I am no longer a Jake supporter. :frown: He's simply lost his confidence and I don't see him getting it back.

Really? When was this?? I don't remember him playing any meaningful football since 2007, and over the 3 game stretch that he did play, he improved over all 3 of them.

and every one of those 3 games was against division leaders who had already made the playoffs.

the only intensity in those games was the fact that moore was on the field.

he didn't see much pressure.

and every one of those 3 games was against division leaders who had already made the playoffs.

the only intensity in those games was the fact that moore was on the field.

he didn't see much pressure.

But we still had a shot at the playoffs until we lost to Dallas. That has to count for something. I would think he saw pressure then....pressure to steer the team into the playoffs. That alone is a big challenge.

But, there's only one way to find out how he handles defensive pressure....gotta throw him out there

But we still had a shot at the playoffs until we lost to Dallas. That has to count for something. I would think he saw pressure then....pressure to steer the team into the playoffs. That alone is a big challenge.

But, there's only one way to find out how he handles defensive pressure....gotta throw him out there

actually, carolina needed a lot of help to get into the playoffs. beating dallas was only one piece of the puzzle that had to fall into place...now that i think about it, they had a chance even after losing to dallas.

that's the same season when half the nfc was sitting at the same mediocre 7-9 record. it was an absolute mess.

and the pressure i'm talking about is from the opponents, not internal.

Archived