• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Uh oh... Brian Billick is poking holes in the pro-denver media narrative!

MVPccaffrey

Right now on Fox Sports, Billick just said "the matchups favor Carolina across the board", talks about our physicality, talks about our running game oriented offense being a bad matchup for Denver, and likewise with our defense contrasted with Peyton's issues this season.

A sure contrast to Colin Cowherd having a real blowhard discussion earlier with Peter Schrager who actually talked about Denver's defense being talked about like the "85 bears, 00 ravens, 13 seahawks", if "not for Peyton playing".  Unbelievable!  Same crap platitudes about "peyton still is peyton" we've seen, during the few times they discuss the Denver offense Carolina defense matchup, which rarely came up.  I don't remember the media trying to hype up a defense to this level in the last twenty years.  Also for good measure both took shots at our receivers.  

Isn't it funny how guys who coached the sport or are X&Os gurus, like Billick and Greg Cossel, seem to be the only ones discussing how much Carolina is favored, how well we really matchup with Denver on both sides of the ball, and just how unique and difficult to stop our offense is?  On the other side, it seems the blowhards, either the media types who never sniffed a football field or meathead former players who never coached in their life, are the ones hyping up the Denver D to legendary levels and dismissing our offense agains them?  Just something I noticed.

1 minute ago, Jangler said:

I really have stopped watching all the coverage. I'd say since Thanksgiving, I might have watched 4-5 hours of ESPN of NFLN. It's been the same narrative all season. Nothing has changed and tbh probably won't next year either. 

We will still be picked 4th in the division because Tampa got a new coach, New Orleans retained Payton, and Dan Quinn is destined to get that team going. Furthermore, we drop because we won the Super Bowl and retained everyone that can't be replaced by a plug and play guy and didn't play the free agency game.

Either way, i'm always middle of the road with us because I never know what to expect. We rarely have standout players who can be difference makers to suggest that we will be great but might be bad. In other words, I live in the moment. 

2 minutes ago, ItsNotGonnaBeAlright said:

Where is this pro-Denver narrative? The media is by and large in favor of Carolina.

I said a few days ago, it seems like more and more media types are swaying to the Panthers because they have finally watched the games. But there are those that will ride Manning all the way no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Camvp said:

^^^ The pro-Denver's defense narrative, is the pro-denver narrative.  You'll never convince me this Denver D deserves to be talked about in the same breath as those legendary Defenses that lazy media types are throwing around.

.....they do still have to cover the other team too, dude. That's not narrative, that's just trying to hype up the Superbowl.

Just now, ItsNotGonnaBeAlright said:

.....they do still have to cover the other team too, dude. That's not narrative, that's just trying to hype up the Superbowl.

They don't have to cover them without propping them up to try and make it even.  You don't see our offense being talked about as one of the best ever just because we led the league in scoring.  Which is fair, just like the media would be fair if they weren't hyping up the Denver defense to historic levels

Archived