• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther fans who HATE Cam Newton

Hotsauce

24 minutes ago, caatfan said:

How can you be a fan of a team yet hate the guy who's the reason the team wins and is in the SB? I can see hating your QB if he sucks and your team therefore sucks, but hating your MVP QB on a 17-1 team means you're not really a fan.

I could see some Steelers fans hating BB while still supporting the team...

That said, anyone who "hates" others for reasons such as showboating, dancing, pointing, skin color, etc....is just a sad individual.  

Hating should be reserved for guys who beat or sexually assault women, guys who fight dogs, etc.....

27 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

A lot of people misconstrued taking shots with hating Cam.  It wasn't hating Cam it was wanting him to improve and get better.  Be it his throwing form, his ball placement or just holding onto the ball to long.  This isn't directed at you personally. But it was pathetic that if you had one bad thing to say about Cam you was automatically labeled a hater.  

One reason I did the Cam vs Geno comparison's was to point out the stupidity this board had taken on with the Cam hater BS.  Funny thing most people that where quick to call people Cam haters and that he needed time to develop.  Where real quick to bash Geno (yeah I know not your QB). 

But the point being a lot of people that was labeled Cam haters weren't. They just wanted to see Cam improve in certain areas of his game. BTW his mechanics are still terrible but he makes it work.    

I appreciate everything you're trying to say, but a few points for clarity sake:

1) People weren't just "taking shots at Cam; wanting him to improve". They were micro-analyzing everything about him on game day (as if the game outcome wasn't as/more important).

If Cam was 22-24, and the Panthers won, he would still be criticized during, and after the game for missing those two throws (regardless of how/what/why the reason).

Every QB in NFL misses good throws (good and bad throws alike for various reasons). That's just a weekend, NFL facts. You see it all the time. There were people on this site who acted as if they didn't know this (and we had to point out other QB's missing during games when the Panthers weren't playing, it got so bad).  Cam was rarely given that benefit by many here. It was almost if many fans were watching two different games (and some were letting out their secret and not so secret disapproval on Cam during games by their actions). What else could it be?

2) No one believed you were joking with the Cam vs Geno comparison (If that was you who posted the original thread)? We didn't believe you. 

Secondly, how the hell you even compare GENO and Cam (as you're doing now in the 1st place)?..Cam, was light years better than Geno his first two years. It was never close (but maybe in your head it is/was). And this is one of reasons why Geno's benched now, and got punched in the face to begin with (he struggled greatly; wasn't respected). So you show your bias and nuttiness right there with that comparison. There's nothing similar about those two whatsoever. And you do both yourself, Geno, and Cam a disservice by even remotely comparing the two.

3) Yes, there were Cam haters on this site. And it had nothing to do with wanting Cam to improve. We can tell the difference. Again: The fact that you brought up wanting Geno to improve, then why not Cam (who was already good from the start to begin with), demonstrates how you and people of that ilk think IMO. Come on now!

Sorry. I (respectfully) call hogwash on that!!

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I've seen it a bunch and most of it comes from racism. Some have came right out and said he was a "ghetto ****** and they like Russell Wilson's better because he acts white" .  No lie that was a direct quote. 

Hard to believe it's 2016 sometimes. 

I have a refreshing story to tell... 

Sat down with an elderly couple last week, in some town that was only about a street long, and the man raved over Cam Newton.   Loved everything about him. 

Yes, refreshing...   

Especially considering the week before I had to endure my uncle's negative outlook (to put it nicely)..   

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

There was a good chunk of the posters here that would frequently take shots at Cam every week for the past 4 years but have changed their tune this season or just stopped posting. 

I'm sure they are still around but now they're just laying in the weeds, waiting patiently for Cam to make a mistake, and they'll be back in full force.  Hell, some of them popped their heads up when we lost to Atlanta.  

1 hour ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

My FIL swears he doesn't like him because he showboats too much.  Not at all because he's black.  He was mad when Cam was asked the question why do you think people don't like you? and he responded with "I'm a black quarterback and that scares people".  My FIL took that to mean that he was saying people don't like him just because he's black.  Either way we had an argument and I had to explain to him that what he was watching right now is something very special and he needed to keep his eyes open because poo like this doesn't just happen.  I've been saying for 4 years that all Cam needed was an Oline that was serviceable and he needed to be healthy.  I was patient.  I've waited twenty something years for this.  I'm not going to hear you complain about somebody dancing.  If I was 6'6" 250, i'd be dancing all damn day and there isn't a damn thing you could do about it.  So suck it up and watch in awe.  

Wow!

So many good things in this post. Kudos!

Where do I start?

Maybe I'll jut leave it at here. LOL

Okay, I remember. Yeah, the media went wild with what Cam said. Because the "race" portion, was part and parcel of an overall larger statement, which they chose to avoid (a question that Cam was responding to, not initiating).

Of course, Cam could have avoided bringing up race, knowing the response. But I guess he had heard enough, and wanted to get it out the way (if he ever was) before the Superbowl.

So now, when he decides not to address it all anymore, some folks are mad about that (instead of applauding him for saying it, moving on, and focusing on the game). LOL

Funny.

54 minutes ago, bleys said:

I have a refreshing story to tell... 

Sat down with an elderly couple last week, in some town that was only about a street long, and the man raved over Cam Newton.   Loved everything about him. 

Yes, refreshing...   

Especially considering the week before I had to endure my uncle's negative outlook (to put it nicely)..   

Not surprised. They do exist 

23 minutes ago, FootballMaestro said:

Wow!

So many good things in this post. Kudos!

Where do I start?

Maybe I'll jut leave it at here. LOL

Okay, I remember. Yeah, the media went wild with what Cam said. Because the "race" portion, was part and parcel of an overall larger statement, which they chose to avoid (a question that Cam was responding to, not initiating).

Of course, Cam could have avoided bringing up race, knowing the response. But I guess he had heard enough, and wanted to get it out the way (if he ever was) before the Superbowl.

So now, when he decides not to address it all anymore, some folks are mad about that (instead of applauding him for saying it, moving on, and focusing on the game). LOL

Funny.

That's exactly what I said, more or less.  That's exactly what the guy asking the question wanted him to say and my FIL fell for the whole thing.  Needless to say, what I said, shut him up.  

As bad as people on this forum have been about Cam, I can imagine your average Panthers fan on the street is much worse. (Something about just being here and reading things that makes you more informed even if you're a dolt.)

like they probably make Highlandfire look like Neil Degrasse Tyson

To me, the good news ... no, GREAT news, is that Cam seems to understand the lightning rod that he is, from all sorts of people, with all sorts of feelings, some with, and some without, prejudice.  There are a lot of crazy, sorry asses out there, and I am in awe of how well he handles all of it, at such a young age.  I did not have as much grace as Cam in my mid-20s.  I am now a very old bitch...

And I can't WAIT for Cam and the Panthers to shine this Sunday!!

Archived