• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Show me a good loser... "

Fright

I used the exact same quote in describing my feelings immediately following our loss.  I don't understand this fake poo.  When i played competitively, if a team beat us and it was a legitimate victory that i had to respect, i would shake their hands and walk off.  But, there are plenty of times where we got bad calls, the other team showboated, acted out of character, or acted like dicks, where i would walk straight to the locker room before the clock was all zeros.  

I've never understood this idea that saying generic poo and putting on a front for other people's benefit after you lose is the accepted standard of expectation.  fug that.  If i walk off without shaking hands or answering questions, i'm not disrespecting anyone, i'm doing you a favor.  I just lost.  I'm angry at the world and i'm not going to pretend until i have time to process it.  It doesn't mean you don't respect your opponent, it means you lost, and you hate losing.  He isn't running for homecoming king or president, he can do what he wants.

14 minutes ago, 332nd said:

... but at least 2 of the 3 elite players you named were disrespectful to THE OTHER TEAM after a loss...

Are you getting why your argument fails yet? 

Good point, and maybe they did. Do you have any video links by the way? I'd be interested in seeing them. Were they younger as well at the time? i'll try to google as well to see what I can find. I know Brady has spewed off before, I wasn't aware of Manning doing it but emotions can get the best of anyone.

Again, i'm not trying to say Cam has a bad character or anything else. I was chalking this attitude on inexperience in this situation. He's going to have plenty of good shots at SB I believe, and I was just saying he's going to grow from this one.

I know when NFL players sign agreements there is a media agreement that they sign. Do you know how detailed it is? does it talk about how long you have to be "on the stand" getting interviewed? or talk about attitude at all? I wasn't sure if there are fines for NOT doing it. I'd also imagine key positions like QB's have an even more detailed one.

Maybe its all just perception, and that's what people expect as a leader, but I thought there were actualy contractual obligations to being mature and handling these types of pressers.

To be honest though, the only people Cam cheated during the interviews was you fans. I'm sure there were a lot of fans out there that genuinely wanted to hear from him on what happened, what went wrong.. why it didn't go as they had planned.. etc. Maybe i'm wrong, but I was interested 2 years ago when the bronco's got stomped on like they were in grade school.

4 minutes ago, Broncs4lyfe said:

Good point, and maybe they did. Do you have any video links by the way? I'd be interested in seeing them. Were they younger as well at the time? i'll try to google as well to see what I can find. I know Brady has spewed off before, I wasn't aware of Manning doing it but emotions can get the best of anyone.

Again, i'm not trying to say Cam has a bad character or anything else. I was chalking this attitude on inexperience in this situation. He's going to have plenty of good shots at SB I believe, and I was just saying he's going to grow from this one.

I know when NFL players sign agreements there is a media agreement that they sign. Do you know how detailed it is? does it talk about how long you have to be "on the stand" getting interviewed? or talk about attitude at all? I wasn't sure if there are fines for NOT doing it. I'd also imagine key positions like QB's have an even more detailed one.

Maybe its all just perception, and that's what people expect as a leader, but I thought there were actualy contractual obligations to being mature and handling these types of pressers.

To be honest though, the only people Cam cheated during the interviews was you fans. I'm sure there were a lot of fans out there that genuinely wanted to hear from him on what happened, what went wrong.. why it didn't go as they had planned.. etc. Maybe i'm wrong, but I was interested 2 years ago when the bronco's got stomped on like they were in grade school.

Man, I'll bet every DB in the NFL would be jealous of this backpedal. 

1 minute ago, PanthersBigD said:

Man, I'll bet every DB in the NFL would be jealous of this backpedal. 

That's what discussions are for, right? I will win some and lose some. At least i'm gracious in defeat *wink* *wink*

And not much back pedaling, he still acted extremely immature.. noone's proved to me that he hasn't. But learning about the history of this and the contract requirements is interesting. 

8 minutes ago, Broncs4lyfe said:

That's what discussions are for, right? I will win some and lose some. At least i'm gracious in defeat *wink* *wink*

And not much back pedaling, he still acted extremely immature.. noone's proved to me that he hasn't. But learning about the history of this and the contract requirements is interesting. 

I absolutely think it's an admirable and desired quality to be gracious in defeat. There's photographic and video evidence that Cam Newton was in fact gracious in defeat to his opponents, congratulating Peyton and other players on the field after the game. They were his peers that bested him on the field, he owed them that. He doesn't owe a thing to reporters who have maligned him for the majority of his career, and now want a sound bite from the MVP. The MVP is an award given by the press, and while they'd like everyone to believe that some obligation comes along with that award, it doesn't. 

We've all watched enough post game interviews to know that there wasn't any new insight or information to be gained from that post game press conference. He was the losing QB, they're going to roast him either way, so why give them any material. Hell, your QB did the exact same thing when it happened to him. He didn't even congratulate the other team. I hate Peyton Manning(at least the teams he's played for), but I don't think it was immature of him. Immature is cursing someone out on social media or announcing that you intentionally tried to hurt another player. 

2 hours ago, pstall said:

Your leg being contorted? You have flipped over d lineman on the way to the end zone in extremely lesser important games. 

Yes.

Yes, he has.

LOTS of times.

So why doesn't he get the benefit of the doubt?  Especially with Panther fans?  Especially with you?

4 hours ago, Broncs4lyfe said:

no i'm saying how he presented himself overall was being a child about it. Again, I actually like CAM he just has some growing to do is all. He's going to be a top QB in this league, and potentially a top QB in nfl history I think at some point in his career. I just wanted him to present himself better, but i'm chalking it up to him still being very very young. Will he ever be as professional as Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, or the slew of other elite QB's? Maybe not, but I think he can still be professional in his own way... in time. I wouldn't want Cam to be something he's not, just have a little self control even in defeat.

Yeah, maybe one day we can all hope he'll be as professional as Peyton Manning.

Who rubbed his crotch in a girls face as a 'joke'.

Who ran off the field without shaking hands or congratulations after a Super Bowl loss.

Who threw his offensive line under the bus during a post-game press conference.

Yeah, maybe one day we can ALL hope for Cam to be that professional!

10 minutes ago, goodoleboy said:

A sore loser is a loser too. Personally I would have preferred Cam just let go and not feel the need to stir all the crap back up. Too much drama. 

I'm glad Cam came out today and spoke even though it wasn't mandatory. He had a lot to get off of his chest especially after hearing all of the criticism about his post game press conference and people lying about why he didn't recover a fumble.

He kept it 100 and I respect him for that. 

Cam has turned us into the Miami Hurricanes of the 80s, without the cocaine and arrests. Huffington Post published an article today calling us "the most unapologetically Black team in football." People hate to see us win, and have a field day when we lose. Despite that, we've established ourselves as the team that everyone sees on our schedule and says "oh poo."

I for one am starting to enjoy it, it's gotten old watching this team come up short and saying "it's okay, at least we're still the "good guys."

after seeing how hard our guys took the loss, especially our two most polarizing players in Cam and Norman, I can't wait to see this team start to take the field with slaughtering and embarrassing their opponents as the goal in their minds.

34 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Yes.

Yes, he has.

LOTS of times.

So why doesn't he get the benefit of the doubt?  Especially with Panther fans?  Especially with you?

Benefit of the doubt? Are you on his payroll?

If he can be praised for not being a robot then don't expect a robotic answer from others.

Did you not see the word torn in my response? 

Geez dude you can be worse than a NASCAR fan sometimes. 

Guy watching race: Looked like Dale Jr tried to take out Jimmy Johnson. 

This guy here on the huddle: You stop talking like that about Junior dagnabbit.

38 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I'm glad Cam came out today and spoke even though it wasn't mandatory. He had a lot to get off of his chest especially after hearing all of the criticism about his post game press conference and people lying about why he didn't recover a fumble.

He kept it 100 and I respect him for that. 

I just drove 11 hours listening to NFL radio. Cams presser has been a major topic all day. Does he want the attention or not. For a guy who says he doesn't want to talk to the media he sure does a lot of it. He says he doesn't care what people think, then calls press conferences to address criticism. I would have had more respect for Cam had he simply refused to do the press conference Sunday and ate the fine. This would not be a topic by now had Cam not brought it back up like a teenage drama queen.

Archived