• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your feels... prepare to be hit

Jeremy Igo

Here's all anyone ever needs to know about how I feel about Beast:

Early in 2012 my 5 year old son and I were out shopping at Harris Teeter and lo and behold there is Jon MF'n Beason doing a little shopping himself.  I know you all would love to know what he had in his basket, but I didn't even look.....as surprised as I was at seeing him my son was the opposite, he went right up and started talking to Beast about him being a "defense man" and how he loved the Panthers and liked they won all their games (remember he was 5...he cheered for any points scored by any team).  Beast just gave him a smile and tousled his hair and told him "thanks, kid."  My son told him to feel better soon as he was still recovering from the achilles tear and asked him for his autograph (after his 34 year old dad put the idea in his head) and he stopped what he was doing, asked for a pen and yep....we didn't have a pen!  Beast was cool though and got his friend/relative/teammate? shopping with him to go to his car and get him a pen and something to autograph.  On that day my son got an autographed Jon Beason #52 white Panthers glove....which he went on to wear playing backyard football with his friends.  

At any rate, this is the type of guy Beason was/is and why the day we traded him was depressing and why his retirement today makes me sad.  I really hope there is some sort of position that he can get with the Panthers because he is all class and I think set the tone for the class our guys carry themselves with today.

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

I've never heard anything at all about a locker room thing, I've always heard he was one of our leaders. The way I remember it explained was that Gettleman was doing him a favor to get him some playing time because he'd be benched here based on play coming off his injury.

You're right.

The epic trade day thread:

I believe I recalled an ESPN story linked deep in this thread where it was speculated he could be a problem.

Archived