• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CarolinaCoolin

Has anyone seen the first episode yet? It's on Hulu and I checked it out with my friends and it was really good. I love time travel movies and shows and this one looks very promising. It's based on the Stephen King novel. He helped write the scripts and JJ Abrams is also attached to this. 

Theres a lot of time travel questions I have after watching this but things that can be explained later I guess. It's on Hulu which sucks because they drop new episodes on Mondays instead of giving us the whole season like Netflix. If you have Hulu you should give it a chance. Real high quality show. 

Glad to know it's good so far. I bought the book when it came out and got through the first 200 pages or so, really enjoyed it, then just stopped reading. I don't know why. I picked it up a year later and, for some reason, did the same thing. I'm determined to read the whole damn thing before I watch the show, and I'm tempted to watch, so I'm gonna start on the book again soon.

1 hour ago, Lomez said:

Glad to know it's good so far. I bought the book when it came out and got through the first 200 pages or so, really enjoyed it, then just stopped reading. I don't know why. I picked it up a year later and, for some reason, did the same thing. I'm determined to read the whole damn thing before I watch the show, and I'm tempted to watch, so I'm gonna start on the book again soon.

I've put down quite a few of his books at the halfway point.  He is one of my all time favorite authors but he can bore you to death at times.  

4 hours ago, Lomez said:

You might actually have done yourself a favor. It's not a bad ending, but it's fuging painful as hell.

58 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I love the start of that book but the middle- end is dreadfully boring and I've never been able to read it fully, always get about 3/4 done and stop. Only book of his I've started and never finished.

Is there a particular reason why?

edit: that caused it feeling boring to you?

2 hours ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

Is there a particular reason why?

edit: that caused it feeling boring to you?

The book has some pacing issues for me, the writing is fine. The beginning of the book still has that problem but King expertly draws you into the story with the way he introduces the characters and setting. Then once back in the past, reset the setting and introduce more characters and surroundings as you go through the book. That's when the book is at it's best focusing on the Character's and the settings involved. It's near the middle where the main character starts to do reconnaissance on Lee Harvey and it really bogs the story down big time for me. It's at that point everything that was building just kind of gets lost in the shuffle so to speak and the surveillance pieces get extremely boring and tedious quickly. Once the story hits that spot the pacing issues really start to show because of what's being read. 

I really want to finish it and I might try again someday, but the two times I've tried I basically got stuck in the same spot. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

yeah it had a lot more of his 80s style vibe. I can see why people would get a bit bored with the historical stuff unless you are already a history buff and like the alternate "you are there" way of learning what's going on. Need to get Hulu and check this out.

It's worth the watch but save your money and find a free link online.

Archived