• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The best rock song of all time

stankowalski

1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

So many right answers, so many wrong too

That's the beauty of music.... there is no such thing as a wrong answer. It's just a different one.

And yeah, I enjoy Hendrix, but I find The Wind Cries Mary the better song from him.

2 hours ago, Raskle said:

That's the beauty of music.... there is no such thing as a wrong answer. It's just a different one.

And yeah, I enjoy Hendrix, but I find The Wind Cries Mary the better song from him.

I like that song better too, but for best rock song I had to pick something that talked about sex.

58 minutes ago, captfluoro said:

Stupid question but how do you post videos? I've got some additions to I'd like to make but don't have the know-how. Thanks.

Just cnp the YouTube link and post, should be there before you submit reply

12 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Yup it was.

heres a cool vid from David Bowie talking about the pixies and their impact. Talks about how the pixies were one of those bands that when you heard them, you wanted to form a band yourself.... 

yeah it's been kind of lost to history because it's such a common trope by now but that band did really pioneer the really quiet subdued verse/loud chorus dynamic.

i like how he puts the pixies and sonic youth on kind of the same platform very early in the interview though.  it seems like people gravitate toward one of them in some form or another if they look into nirvana's influences or get interested in 80s indie.  i definitely like the pixies but the first time i heard daydream nation it blew my mind and i probably listened to it daily for three months.  and there are as many people who feel like i do as there are people who would listen to that album and/or that band in general and think that it sucks.  it's crazy.

21 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

For the record, the guys that made Teen Spirit didn't even think it was that great. They felt that it was the 5th or 6th best song just on that one album and that it came across as a ripoff of the Pixies.

It was a rip off of the Pixies.  Their whole sound was a ripoff of the Pixies.  But they did it better than the Pixies IMO, and I have all of their stuff too.  

And btw fug you lazy, ADD bastards for just posting video's with no discussion as to why that song should be considered the best rock song of all time.  And for the record I love most of the stuff posted in this thread so far but I'm looking for your thoughts behind the music.

Archived