• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers will target offense in round one

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

How butt hurt will you be when we go "target for Cam" in the first round

Then even more butt hurt when we sign Hardy, you'll say "argh argh argh it will be a miracle if that idiot even stays on the field" ... *proceeds to have 15 sack season*

You're not getting just how badly you've been played.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Edited by Mr. Scot

15 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

Oh you must be talking about Kelvin Benjamin, somebody who coach Rivera said came to OTA's overweight then mysteriously tore his ACL in training camp

Look at Jeremy Maclin .. tore his ACL once, looked like he was coming back as strong as ever just to tear it one more time .

Thomas Davis stories don't happen every day and if we think Benjamin will be 100% and for a prolonged period of time, we are being blindly optimistic 

I dont even account for what Benjamin could possibly bring to our team this year because he tore his ACL .. when you do that your long-term effectiveness comes into question .

Whew...are you stinking this joint up or what?

Let's just say that we are stuck in 1983, and players never regain the ability to play football after ACL tears....exactly who do you want to add, how would you make it happen, and how does it affect our salary cap?

In addition, are you really happy about taking balls away from our talented young WR corps that we are putting together here?

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And back to the topic, I won't be mad no matter what position we take in round one.

My gut says defense, but I'm thinking more so that Gettleman knows what he's doing and thus I'll be fine with whatever position he drafts at 30.

DT, DE, S, CB, OT absolutely wouldn't shock me.  WR, TE, RB, C/G I wouldn't be as crazy about, but I could see it.

Only positions that would surprise me: LB, QB, K, P.  That's about it.

My preference would be pass rusher, pass protector, or lining up Star's or KK's replacement with the thought that we can't sign both.

3 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

Hey, 

If liberal ESPN gave him the opportunity to speak on their station to defend himself ... then how can ESPN or any media criticize a team for signing him on the same side of the coin

The PANTHERS signed Hardy, what an awful franchise

ESPN let Hardy speak on their station, what an awful station ?

ESPN is actually getting quite a bit of backlash for interviewing Hardy, including from some of their own people.

Likewise, plenty of people are criticizing Hardy for coming off like a dumbass who just doesn't get it.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

So if ESPN can take backlash for letting Hardy speak, just SPEAK, speaking doesn't net sacks .. does letting Hardy speak net anything for ESPN, at all ? It only hurt them apparently

The Panthers can't take a little criticism for letting Hardy play ? At least the criticism would net results, sacks

Like his dominating season last year?

Get over it, kid. Hardy is never going to be a Panther again. Nor should he be.

The team neither needs him nor wants him, so it's not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

So wrong, he'll sign here .. if ESPN for fugs sake gave this guy a chance his ex team will

And by ESPN giving him a chance they had a lot more to lose than gain

If the Panthers sign him its a low risk high reward .. by signing him the Panthers wont take any public relations damage .. ESPN ALREADY DID THAT FOR THEM by letting him speak on their station !

And if Hardy is a locker room cancer bring me one incident where he was a problem here ? besides the picture of him in his Bentley going over 100 MPH that rustled everybody here's jimmy's

Do yourself a favor and stop posting, you are out of your league.

Also, no follow up on my questions for you?  Who, how, price, etc......Didn't think so.  Just go away.

On 4/9/2016 at 10:20 PM, Promethean Forerunner said:

I don't care if he "fits" what we do.

See, therein lies the problem... he DOESN'T fit.  Just because he's a "hard" runner doesn't make him a fit.

Dude has never run a read-option play with a read-option QB in his life.