• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams Informing Some Prospects They Will Go Undrafted Early

Ship

11 hours ago, chknwing said:

every teams draft board is different and they value players differently.  I really hope the panthers are not doing this.

G-man will distance himself from our best players and fan favorites like they just farted in church if he thinks that it will help the team (just ask JNo, not so BigMoney, Deangelo, and Smitty). Do you really think he gives a rat's ass about hurting a UDFA's feelings if he wants them on the team?

On the flip side, I read somewhere that a lot of people were project Mayo to go undrafted, and we made his frikkin day.

I mean, if you were a linebacker at Eastern Upstate Mississippi State of Texas, you probably have a significantly lower chance of being drafted than lots of other players. I would say these calls focus on ST guys and back ups in college. 

I understand that. The article was making it sound as though players closer to midround grades were getting those same calls. 

Either way, I'd find better phrasing. Even if a player gets drafted by someone else, they could one day end up being a free agent worthy of taking a flyer on. Basically telling them they were not good enough back then can nix a deal from the get-go.

Archived