• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eminem is the best rapper of all time

stankowalski

6 hours ago, stankowalski said:

Said nothing?  LOL are you deaf?

If anything people said he said too much.

Em is the best rapper just deal with it.

Nah, he's not. Title belongs to Nas or 3 Stacks. Em's not even top 10.

Sorry, you gotta deal with that.

I have to agree, his lyrics whether he's on pills or not have always been at another level. His rhymes and bars are just above everyone else. Forget the mainstream songs. Listen to his first albums when he was in turmoil. You have to listen over and over again to appreciate and actually get everything that is being thrown at you. It's insane. 

He makes a case for it. His freestyle was amazing too. Not a lot of people heard him or seen those rap battles he has had. He kills it. every freaking time. I'll say he's become complacent tho, but if he's challenged no one will survive. When Ja Rule went after him it was beautiful. Irv Gotti, ICP, and all those whack guys were buried by him. His diss songs were epic. Even his freaking stupid songs are great. 

16 hours ago, stankowalski said:

Said nothing?  LOL are you deaf?

If anything people said he said too much.

Em is the best rapper just deal with it.

So, I went back to evaluate the lyrics on Rap God to see, you know, if I was missing something. NOPE! What's he talking about in this song? He even said it in that interview...he's not necessarily concerned about about the content. He's concerned about how many words he can fit into a bar or a 16, or does this word fit here or there. Rap and hip hop is much more than that; especially if you are being called the GOAT.

"Packing a Mac in the back of the Ac, pack backpack rap, yep, yackidy-yac
The exact same time I attempt these lyrical acrobat stunts while I'm practicing"

He just rapping to rap lol. Basically the white Canibus lol. I'll admit, as far as skill goes, he's A1. He'll also drop introspective songs, but he doesn't compare to rappers like Nas, Outkast, Bun B, Jay Z...rappers who not only have the technical skills, but can bring you into their world through their lyrics. 

1 hour ago, Kakarot said:

So, I went back to evaluate the lyrics on Rap God to see, you know, if I was missing something. NOPE! What's he talking about in this song? He even said it in that interview...he's not necessarily concerned about about the content. He's concerned about how many words he can fit into a bar or a 16, or does this word fit here or there. Rap and hip hop is much more than that; especially if you are being called the GOAT.

"Packing a Mac in the back of the Ac, pack backpack rap, yep, yackidy-yac
The exact same time I attempt these lyrical acrobat stunts while I'm practicing"

He just rapping to rap lol. Basically the white Canibus lol. I'll admit, as far as skill goes, he's A1. He'll also drop introspective songs, but he doesn't compare to rappers like Nas, Outkast, Bun B, Jay Z...rappers who not only have the technical skills, but can bring you into their world through their lyrics. 

he literally wrote rap god to set a guiness world record for most words in a song. nothing meaningful about it whatsoever.

can't take his early stuff away from him though. he's a great talent and his diss tracks were phenomenal. and he also deserves credit as a pioneer... not as a rap pioneer but as a cultural pioneer bringing the medium to an audience completely foreign to it and get them to embrace it en masse. his poo was relevant to disaffected low income rust belt white youth the same way guys like dre and kendrick got disaffected black kids hooked on the reality of their message.

i give him top five for talent and top ten all time (but that's also a tough call to make because it's often your audience that makes you, and it's not fair to judge solely by market size, given white people are a majority and social/political dynamics privileged his rise to fame in ways that weren't afforded to black people doing rap.)

1. tupac

2. snoop

3. dre

4. nas

5. biggie

6. ice cube

7. kendrick (fight me)

8. kanye

9. eminem

there he made number nine.

I can respect that list. I'm just giving dude a hard time, lol. All those artists, even Em, are dope artist! He's just not the Goat to me. The biggest thing that keeps Em from being the Goat, was/is his inability to create a track that gets played in the club. As an MC, one of your main tasks is to MC or rock the crowd. And no, Back That, Slim Shady, etc didn't get play in clubs. 2pac made deep songs, but he also could make a jam that got played in the club. He was well rounded. As was Biggie, Jay, Cube, Kast. Artists that are in the conversation as GOAT that were solid technical wise, made introspective/deep songs, and were able to crossover and make a club hit. Em's in my top 15, and Eminem Show is an album I still listen to today

My top 10:

1. 2pac

2. Andre 3000

3. Nas

4. Biggie

5. Jay Z

6. Ice Cube

7. Cee Lo / Goodie Mob

8. TI

9. Dre

10. Ludacris

16 hours ago, PhillyB said:

rap god is garbage

Admittedly I didn't like it the first couple of times I heard it.  But it grew on me.  Especially after a few beers. 

I don't go that far into rap because frankly most of it is garbage.  The farthest I'll go is NWA, Public Enemy, Em, Nas, and Tupac.   There's probably tons of stuff I haven't heard.  But if you'd like to post some of the best stuff from artists I haven't mentioned then I'd be glad to listen.  I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to.  Even old stuff I never heard.

On 7/7/2016 at 8:40 AM, uncfan888 said:

no... and I enjoy eminem's music... but just, no

edit: and "stan" is a good song, but eminem has waaaay more songs that are better than that "Love the Way you Lie" mainstream b.s.

This is what is stupid.  Mainstream?  Who the fug cares?  If you can relate to a song then why should it matter if millions others can too?  That's the most ridiculous argument I've heard against music artists.  "Oh, a lot of people like it, it must suck".  fug that.  Not saying that he doesn't have songs way better, but a poor way to make your point.  

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Kanye shouldn't be in this discussion, he's not even a good rapper. -___-

Kanye's not a good rapper, but he gets into most people's top lists because he's a dope producer and artist. He makes great music. I agree with you, though. If we're talking top rappers, then Kanye would be way down the list.

12 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

Kanye's not a good rapper, but he gets into most people's top lists because he's a dope producer and artist. He makes great music. I agree with you, though. If we're talking top rappers, then Kanye would be way down the list.

IF we talk about producers...I'd have him in the top 5. For sure. Dr. Dre being #1.

Archived