• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To All The Cam Haters..

Lilsmitty09

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I love how the realist title is now used on the huddle for all the critics and complainers who try to make their posts sound reasonable.  You were just responding to extreme fanboys with your own negative extremism. Your views were no more realistic and reasoned than theirs were

In the end they were right and you weren't. No backpedaling needed.

Maybe us "idiot fans who were constantly annointing him goat back in 2012" were able to see in him earlier than the "realists" the greatness and potential that would mature with experience.  And understood that young players, especially at the most difficult position on the field, can make mistakes but still show to you what they CAN be with more experience.

"Realists" are funny... lol.

9 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Maybe us "idiot fans who were constantly annointing him goat back in 2012" were able to see in him earlier than the "realists" the greatness and potential that would mature with experience.  And understood that young players, especially at the most difficult position on the field, can make mistakes but still show to you what they CAN be with more experience.

"Realists" are funny... lol.

You were surely on the bandwagon and a huge supporter. Views on the the huddle have been just as polarizing as they are in the general public. The camp defending everything Cam did were just as extreme to me as those who criticized everything he did. There has been little balance around here when it comes to Cam.

52 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You were surely on the bandwagon and a huge supporter. Views on the the huddle have been just as polarizing as they are in the general public. The camp defending everything Cam did were just as extreme to me as those who criticized everything he did. There has been little balance around here when it comes to Cam.

I had the advantage of seeing him play in person for an entire year in college.  I'm a life-long college football fan and I've seen great players time and again... but I had never seen anything like Cam Newton.  I just saw he could do so many things well and he still wasn't as good as he could be... and even then he was dominating the best programs in the country and the best defenses they had to offer.

So, while I had that as a basis for my support, at the same time I'm a huge Auburn fan and always have that bit of a trick-knee defensiveness when it comes to my Auburn players, I'll freely admit that.

But, like you said, that didn't make me (and others) wrong about Cam.  We were RIGHT and the "realists" from Missouri were wrong.  And all they want to do now is supply you justifications ex post facto.

19 hours ago, fitty76 said:

I don't know how official any of these rankings really are.  

Normally, I might would agree with you. But...This is not one of those lists some half-wit journalist or talking head came up with. This list was made by the players themselves. 700 of them to be precise. So I would have to think that this list has more weight than most.

Or not.

10 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Normally, I might would agree with you. But...This is not one of those lists some half-wit journalist or talking head came up with. This list was made by the players themselves. 700 of them to be precise. So I would have to think that this list has more weight than most.

Or not.

It's from the Seinfeld episode where the old guy gets the "#1 Dad" t-shirt and he proudly proclaims that he's #1.  Seinfeld say, "I don't know how official any of these ranking really are."  I was hoping there was a video clip somewhere, but I couldn't find it.  

1 hour ago, fitty76 said:

It's from the Seinfeld episode where the old guy gets the "#1 Dad" t-shirt and he proudly proclaims that he's #1.  Seinfeld say, "I don't know how official any of these ranking really are."  I was hoping there was a video clip somewhere, but I couldn't find it.  

Well, in that case. Carry on. And please disregard my prior post.

2 hours ago, Kuechly59 said:

The extreme fanboys were wrong too bud.... To this day the morons will tell you cam is perfect and never needed improvement.... Just a better team yada yada. As a matter of fact I don't think I ever had anything against cam just the fanboys and the influx of moron fans that we got when he was drafted.... "Cam" fans aren't panthers fans their no better than lebron fans.

Like I said Cam tends to polarize folks for and against. Neither side was reasoned or realistic. But I would think Panthers fans as you say you are would support our players regardless of the fanboys you didn't like. That is the problem with this site. Too little football talk and too much pissing contests and personal attacks.

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I had the advantage of seeing him play in person for an entire year in college.  I'm a life-long college football fan and I've seen great players time and again... but I had never seen anything like Cam Newton.  I just saw he could do so many things well and he still wasn't as good as he could be... and even then he was dominating the best programs in the country and the best defenses they had to offer.

So, while I had that as a basis for my support, at the same time I'm a huge Auburn fan and always have that bit of a trick-knee defensiveness when it comes to my Auburn players, I'll freely admit that.

But, like you said, that didn't make me (and others) wrong about Cam.  We were RIGHT and the "realists" from Missouri were wrong.  And all they want to do now is supply you justifications ex post facto.

It wasnt hard to figure where you stood from your Sig and posts. For what it is worth I was rooting for Cam and Auburn his senior year and really became a big Cam supporter after the Alabama comeback.  I have been on his bandwagon since day 1. Although I will also admit his weaknesses and faults which you readily admit are harder for you to do.  Understandable given your Auburn allegiance.

Archived