• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About that Denver Broncos QB situation.....

Burnout189

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

they lost both starting DTs too

They play a 3-4, so there is only one DT, Sylvester Williams, who is still there.  The 2 DEs were Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe, and I already referred to losing Jackson.  The OLBs were Von Miller and Demarcus Ware, both present; the ILBs were Brandon Marshall and Danny Trevathan, and again, I already mentioned the loss of Trevathan.  The safeties were Darian Stewart and TJ Ward, both returning, and the corners were Aqib Talib and Chris Harris Jr, and I'll throw in Bradley Roby as the the nickel, because they replaced an ILB with him on about half of the snaps last season.  

So add that up, and you get 10 returning starters of 12 (counting the heavily used nickel as a starter).  You have no idea what you're talking about.  The Panthers have lost more defensive players than the Broncos, including an all-pro corner.  Malik and Danny, although good, were never selected to a pro bowl, let alone all-pro, and were at best, the 8th and 9th most valuable guys on the defense.

I'm happy to talk real football, but it's hard when you make things up to make yourself feel better.

Why do people keep arguing with a troll? It's gotta be a really sad existence to want to go to another team's message board to argue about your team. Especially when there's no existing rivalry and the teams aren't even in the same conference. They rarely even play each other. 

I respect the Broncos organization and for the most part, they have a great fanbase. This dipshit is just making them all look bad. Go home, you're drunk. 

28 minutes ago, PleaseGetReal said:

They play a 3-4, so there is only one DT, Sylvester Williams, who is still there.  The 2 DEs were Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe, and I already referred to losing Jackson.  The OLBs were Von Miller and Demarcus Ware, both present; the ILBs were Brandon Marshall and Danny Trevathan, and again, I already mentioned the loss of Trevathan.  The safeties were Darian Stewart and TJ Ward, both returning, and the corners were Aqib Talib and Chris Harris Jr, and I'll throw in Bradley Roby as the the nickel, because they replaced an ILB with him on about half of the snaps last season.  

So add that up, and you get 10 returning starters of 12 (counting the heavily used nickel as a starter).  You have no idea what you're talking about.  The Panthers have lost more defensive players than the Broncos, including an all-pro corner.  Malik and Danny, although good, were never selected to a pro bowl, let alone all-pro, and were at best, the 8th and 9th most valuable guys on the defense.

I'm happy to talk real football, but it's hard when you make things up to make yourself feel better.

Yep and until I see they have figured out how to stop those speed rushers I am very nervous about this game. Don't care who the QB is

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why do people keep arguing with a troll? It's gotta be a really sad existence to want to go to another team's message board to argue about your team. Especially when there's no existing rivalry and the teams aren't even in the same conference. They rarely even play each other. 

I respect the Broncos organization and for the most part, they have a great fanbase. This dipshit is just making them all look bad. Go home, you're drunk. 

It blows my mind that I'm being called a troll.  I haven't come in talking trash.  I've added relevant information to discussions, that in some cases, was lacking.  In this thread I corrected the mistaken notion that the Broncos defense was dismantled, by providing roster information from last season and the present.  In another thread I gave some information that was requested about the Talib situation.  I've offered a counterpoint to the "Panthers will blowout the Broncos" narrative that some are writing by suggesting the game will probably be close.  I've done all of this lucidly and without being antagonistic toward the Panthers or the fans, complimenting the Panthers for having a great team in a number of places actually.  So please tell me how I'm making Broncos fans look bad by contributing a different perspective about a game both our teams will be playing in 2 weeks?

I expect the offense to be prepared and able to handle Miller and Ware. I think Carolina plays with a chip all season, especially this game. Doesn't matter who their QB is, if they can't protect Cam then it's done. But I have faith that they will adjust properly. I saw the new little doohickey Cam was practicing with in camp. 

36 minutes ago, PleaseGetReal said:

It blows my mind that I'm being called a troll.  I haven't come in talking trash.  I've added relevant information to discussions, that in some cases, was lacking.  In this thread I corrected the mistaken notion that the Broncos defense was dismantled, by providing roster information from last season and the present.  In another thread I gave some information that was requested about the Talib situation.  I've offered a counterpoint to the "Panthers will blowout the Broncos" narrative that some are writing by suggesting the game will probably be close.  I've done all of this lucidly and without being antagonistic toward the Panthers or the fans, complimenting the Panthers for having a great team in a number of places actually.  So please tell me how I'm making Broncos fans look bad by contributing a different perspective about a game both our teams will be playing in 2 weeks?

Your points aren't bad, Panthers fans are collectively butthurt about the Superbowl and for good reason.

I think the Panthers are going to beat the Broncos pretty handily in Week 1 but it will have nothing to do with the Denver defense, which I still think will play well. People forget that Manning actually started off the game pretty strongly for Denver on the first drive getting a FG and he moved the ball when he needed to. Sure he turned the ball over a few times, he didn't have a great game, but he didn't do nothing in that game. Denver's QB situation might be the worst in the NFL now and even with a shaky secondary I think the Panthers are going to win the turnover battle this time. Cam Newton and the offense know what the Broncos did in the Superbowl and are out for revenge. The hand signals will be changed, Remmers won't be left on an island, and the turf won't be so bad it knocks out our starting RB and make our LT look like he's wearing skates. But who the hell knows, it could go so many ways.

Archived