• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our new GM?

jramsey4

Biggest weakness on our staff.

I gotta another one Jason Licht (pronounced LIGHT) is in his 14th NFL season and re-joined the Patriots this year after previously spending four seasons (1999-2002) with New England. Last season, Licht served as a personnel executive for the NFC Champion Arizona Cardinals after spending five seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles as vice president of player personnel (2006-07) and assistant director of player personnel (2003-05). Anyone see a theme Patriots (99-02 1 SB, 03-07 eagles many playoff appearances 1 SB appearance, 08 Cards SB appearance) thats an impressive track record.

Good find.

No shortage of candidates, for certain.

Will there actually be a vacancy, though?

I'm not holding my breath.

Hurney may have messed up with Delhommes Contract but thats not nearly enough to get rid of him. By far he has been one of the better GMs in the league.

In what way. I think he is an excellent cap manger (before you say the Pep situaiton the man did find a way to fit one player making 17 million onto a team and still have them competitive). His drafting has been middle of the road and his FA signings (escpicially the big ones), Keyshawn, Whale (who gets a pulling G to play on a power football team), and DJ Hacket have been huge failures. His best year was last year when he got Brayton and Vincent (both off the scrap heap).

But I keep coming back to his inability to find talent at the skill positions on O (other then RB). We have no QB or #2 WR (I like Jarrett but come on is that the best you can do). He should be gone if nothing else for letting those two positions (two of the most important on the team) become huge glaring weaknesses.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably should have included Marty Schottenheimer among the possible "former coach" candidates. I know others have mentioned him, but after hearing him on an interview with Packer today, I'd say he can safely be left off.

Schottenheimer said there was "zero chance" that he'd be associated with any NFL team as a GM or head coach next season. He feels like he had a good 30 year run, and he's happy in his retirement.

• 2 weeks later...

Official word on Ruskell: PFT: Ruskell resigning as Seahawks GM

He's had some successes (who knew Lofa Tatupu would be so good) but has had some mistakes, mostly in free agent losses. I'd also add that his move to sign Nate Burleson to the same sort of contract that he lost Steve Hutchinson to (even though the numbers were a smoke screen) was petty and childish.

Still, he'd be a viable candidate should the position come open.

• 2 years later...

Archived