• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers 'concerned' with Stewart's status

Castavar

1 minute ago, Servant of Cthululelei said:

You're right too, he hasn't proven that he'll fumble in actual games.  But he did last preseason and that's the only significant game action we've seen of him. It naturally makes me a bit uneasy.  I don't think it'll be a major issue, but if he fumbles let's say only 1.5 times as often as Stewart, that could be a HUGE problem for our offense.

I think the more important thing for our coaches is whether or not he can be a good pass-blocker.

100% agreed.

And, as you pointed out that he did seem to fumble a bit last preseason, I may point out now that he also seemed to have performed much better in pass-blocking this preseason.

Fair?

3 hours ago, mccjeff said:

I know that in the 2015 preseason CAP fumbled but what has happened since then? 

7 games with 45 attempts and 5 receptions for a combined 191 yards and 0 fumbles. I know it doesn't fit in with the CAP fumbles a lot mythos but 0 fumbles doesn't sound like a real problem to me.

You must be unaware of his propensity to fumble the hand off. That gets credited to the QB. However, CAP still got pulled from the game for costing the team. It was his fault. He did the same garbage in college.

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

You must be unaware of his propensity to fumble the hand off. That gets credited to the QB. However, CAP still got pulled from the game for costing the team. It was his fault. He did the same garbage in college.

No, he didn't.

Stop making up poo, especially to people like me who know you're making up poo.

2 minutes ago, SurfNTurf said:

How many times has a "week or two" injury turned into a month+ for Stewart? I'm preparing myself for CAP being our starter for the foreseeable future. Let's see what the kid's got... 

I feel like he will be out till week 6 or 8 after the BYE(most likely scenario)

Archived