• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers/Vikes game could be moved.

nctarheel0619

54 minutes ago, Vikesfan said:

Aren't police accounts eyewitness accounts?

Damn good point.

I try and avoid conclusions unless there is irrefutable proof in the way of video evidence, which is why I am strongly in favor of cops wearing cameras. It would help a lot of these situations where there is uncertainty. 

58 minutes ago, goodoleboy said:

Bottom line is BLM jumped the gun on the protest. They should have waited until more info came out.

They just announced the Police Officer in Tulsa is being charged with murder. It takes more than a few hours to sort out truth and just because some video is on the Internet doesn't mean it's 100% correct.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Can you point me to where it's been confirmed BLM is responsible for the protest?

1 hour ago, mjligon said:

They cant tell if he was pointing the gun or just holding it. 

HE HAD A GUN.

1 hour ago, Vikesfan said:

Not against the law.

Brandishing a weapon is a crime.  Yes, we need to let the facts play their way out; but that is apparently what happened.  Once someone is brandishing a gun it is very dangerous.  That is the point when police are allowed to use deadly force. A big reason for that is reaction time is slower than action time.  When a weapon is being brandished,  even if the gun isn't directly being pointed if that person decides to point and shoot that is almost always going to be faster than the reaction time of the officer.  

1 hour ago, Vikesfan said:

Aren't police accounts eyewitness accounts?

Technically, you are right. But...Police Officers are trained in situational awareness. So they do have better recall than the average person.

Now with that said. They are not infallible themselves. Just better witnesses.

Can you point me to where it's been confirmed BLM is responsible for the protest?

No. I was making an assumption based on signage and the cause. It's organized somehow though to get the peaceful protesters out in force. So far so good tonight. We shall see what happens at midnight when the curfew takes affect.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

14 minutes ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

Where is the gun? You know the picture that circulated on the internet and posted by WSOC TV that showed the gun laying beside the victim

Most worthless video ever.  It shows nothing, nothing that you are trying to prove nothing at all.  Seems to me like you are probably one of the people rioting the way you are against the cops so much.

Archived