• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Gano done?

the butch

I'm sorry but you guys are idiots.

Guys like Gastowski, Tucker, Bailey are extremely rare.  These are the guys that hit 50+ consistently and there's not many of them in the league.  The bucs used a 2nd round pick on a kicker and that hasn't seemed to be working out for them.

Would I like to have one of those? For sure.  But Graham has been in the 85% range on fgs for us since he's been here.  How about instead of bitching about kicking, we bitch about the stupid penalties and how sloppy we have been playing this year.

19 minutes ago, Dick the Butcher said:

And yeah yeah he booted one through against Indy last year.  What else other than that has he done?

Booted one through against the Giants to win the game.

Yall act like he's some awful kicker at 50+. He's 0/2 this year, sure, but he was 10/15 last year. That's pretty respectable at that distance.

9 minutes ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

a large number of NFL teams are struggling with their kickers..finding someone is going to be difficult..

We could easily be at 2-1 and having a different conversation if he had made that field goal against Broncos

Well a large number of teams don't win the Super Bowl.  Only one does.  To do that, all parts of your team need to perform.  Gano, for all that he has done, has been a large disappointment, and at this point, I'd take a change up just to SEE if we can get some improvement.  And besides, it's it's not just the missed field goals.  What about all the field goals and extra points that he gets blocked?  For a team with Super Bowl aspirations that already has a weak STs, he stands out like a sore thumb but everyone seems to be OK with it because he can make a 40 yarder.  I guess I have higher expectations, but he's not good enough AND the kicker is [pun intended] he has had PLENTY of chances to prove he can perform.  I'm just ready to move on.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

50+ yarders are a 62% chance since 2010. 

My question on the 54 yarder was why even try it? Our D was dominating. Pin them deep with a punt and get the ball back in good field position instead of handing them good field position. 

Ron is putting too much faith in sub par players.

2 minutes ago, Dick the Butcher said:

Great comment.  Care to share more of your worldly wisdom?  You understand the point I'm making, no?  Care to address it? If not, leave the thread.

Okay, I will try to use some of your brilliant logic.

Anyone down at the homeless shelter can throw a football 30 yards so lets get rid of Cam too.

Archived