• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton's disinterest

raleigh-panther

Small segment on Sports Center this morning about veteran QBs struggling  (Newton, Fitzpatrick,Palmer)

Steve Young mentioned that he felt Newton seemed 'disinterested' and I have to say watching  him live and on TV this season it sure seems that way and I posted such after the first two games, it's like he gives up and goes down.

i don't know if it's all the hits and he is tired of it or something else is going on physically or mentally but I do feel there is something to this and he seems very slow in his decisions and mechanics 

i just don't see the joy that he had last year at all and it's a shame. 

Here is hoping Atlanta's defense is the elixir to get him going again because we know as Cam goes so do the Panthers 

and here comes the narratives that accompany a losing record.

call me crazy, but getting sacked 8 times in a week and having grown men targeting your head the other week doesn't seem like a good time. 

Cam hasn't changed.

Ehhhh. You're reading way too much into this.

Steve Young is paid to talk. That's pretty much all this is.

This is a team, and they are 1-2 right now, like it or not. But Newton didn't stumble into the record books or MVP of the league last year on accident. He will dig deep the same as the rest of the team, and even if we struggle this season, you would be a fool to question Newton after all we have seen him go through so far in his career.

In short, turn off ESPN, and don't buy into this bullshit.

I wouldn't say disinterest, it's more like frustration because he can't find his rhythm for a number of reasons. I also think the stuff that went on in the city added more to that. I think you're less than human if something like that is happening in your backyard and you're not affected by it. He also may not have much confidence in his OC, no matter how many good things he says. When Cam wins, he's super high. When he loses, he's super low. I have faith that he will pick it back up, they need to rally around him. 

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Steve Young has taken pot shots at Cam every chance he's had since 2011. 

Best to not listen to anything he says. 

Little Stevie  is pizzed that  Cam  broke his record-most rushing  td's  by a qb.

Not going to get too far into this but ill add my two cents.  While at the game last week i noticed that in the 4th quarter we needed two scores to win the game and we had a legit shot.  And what i saw was a team walking around, heads down and in no hurry at all.  So just from what i saw disinterested is not a crazy way to describe atleast the last game.

Some of the things said could very well be true but some things with a six year vet, he isn't doing

if any of you were at the games, and watched the plays develop, there were open receivers and he did not see them even when he had time as he was not doing progressions

i am  a huge Newton fan, even before he was drafted, but what I see of him now, he doesn't seem the same guy

he is the team's engine, they will go as he goes, and as much as I love him, I do not see that joy in him or the rest of the team so far this year and I miss it .

Just watching him with the ball, was worth the price of the ticket.

If you're truly going to entertain this logic, then in that regard, Luke Kuechly, and Thomas Davis are "disinterested" too. Because the whole team looked to just be going through the motions toward the end of the Vikings game.

This is why fans are fans, and players are players. There was a lot going on last week. It's been a rough first 3 weeks for our team. No doubt. But there are 13 more games to be played.

Honestly I don't know how some of you guys make it through everyday life without taking a header off a bridge. Geez, appreciate what you got, and soak it in every once in awhile.

Archived