• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About those warm up observations....

Jeremy Igo

Now that I am sitting on the Roaring Riot bus and have more time to explain.

Once you have been on the field a few years you just get a sense for the tone of the team. It usually doesn't change get very much, from crazy high energy to high energy. There is a definite vibe on the field before the game starts.

Today was very odd. It was just flat out there. No energy. I started to take notice.

Then Cam came out and skipped his pregame routine. No lap, no football dribbling, no goal post prayer from what I saw. Just started stretching. Which is fine, I just found it odd as much of a creature of habit he is.

Then as I was walking off the field, another long time photog grabbed me asking if I noticed how low energy they were. That's when I knew it wasn't in my head.

Anyways, the team was simply unprepared and uninspired today. The result is what you witnessed.

This is now my biggest concern. Not the coaching, not the talent level. Both of those can be outstanding but if there is no desire to win it doesn't matter.

If they can't get motivated in an important division game for the lead, what will they be motivated for this season?

What is the problem then? Sounds like there's a disconnect between players and the staff including management

Are they keeping the players quiet on the anthem/Charlotte riots? Is the news about the team hiring somebody to coach players on speaking to the media about race and stuff bothering people? Is some concerned with the contracts and letting players like Norman go and not signing KK yet?

Archived